Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Question What milk after formula

So, my ds will be one in two weeks. I not sure I want to switch right over to dairy milk. Formula will be ending though. He's a really good eater and I'm not worried about him getting that extra nutrition. Though I'm having problems as to what milk to switch him to. Soy milk is a GMO product, I heard Coconut milk has a lot of sugar in it if bought in the store. I have heard good things about hemp milk but, i want something somewhat close to cow's milk. Goat's milk is a choice but, not sold in my grocery store. Would have to find it and make an extra trip to get. LOL What milk alliterative do you drink?
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: What milk after formula

We use cow's milk here.
Goat's milk is a great alternative. Do you have a Kroger or Kroger related (Fry's, Dillon's, Fred Meyer etc) because they have it in the organic section.
Heather + Jon= Avery (05/09/2007) , Intact Emerson (12/28/2011) and Intact Liam (1/12/2014)
Please check out my Blog for Reviews and Giveaways
Check out Swagbucks
HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Is there a reason(allergy in the family or something?) as to why youre not sure about just starting with cows milk? Totally nosey I know but I always love to hear ppls reasoning about things. Ive learned a lot-or gained a lot of food for thought-over the yrs by being nosey

I switched the girls to whole cows milk right around their 1st bdays. I plan on putting ds on whole organic cows milk around his 1st bday as well.
House Goddess & mama to 8 yr old princess L , 6 yr old mama magnet J and 9mos old love bug C

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).

Last edited by my2sweets; 01-02-2013 at 03:21 PM.
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

We did almond because mine didn't like whole milk rogue whole
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, amazon-my habit, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdie
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

Sorry no help here. We did a mix of toddler formula and cows milk. We were going to do whole milk, but my pediatrician said 2% was fine for him because he was a big boy and didn't need the whole.
hand spinning, soap making, sheep raising wife to my hardworking and FT WOHM to my 'lil & 6 angels in heaven & our rainbow baby that joined us safely this summer!
ISO: Formula Checks- if you have some you won't use we would love to have them!
NB Diapers for sale:
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #6
Registered Users

We slowly mixed formula and organic whole milk. I would check with your pediatrician just to make sure others have the right nutrients, fat content, protein, etc. I really like almond milk and I've heard it is fairly easy to make on your own...
srbordenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #7
Registered Users

If there is no medical reason, you should just try organic cow's milk. Or just regular cow's milk. Full fat/whole.
Katledoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #8
Registered Users
I used Baby's Only organic toddler formula, slowly adding organic whole milk until i was using 1/2 of each. Right around her 2nd birthday I replaced the toddler formula with organic fortified soy milk, and slowly switched from whole to 2% milk.

I've wanted to try some of the other milks, like rice or almond, but they are missing a lot of the nutrients found in dairy or soy, especially protein, so read the labels carefully.
Asmaa, married to dh for 22 years!
Homeschooling mom to ds17, dd14 and
our 3 1/2 year old potty princess!
AHASRADA is online now   Reply With Quote