Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
BottomBummpers AIO w/ a doubler . . . absorbent?

So, do you find a BottomBumpers AIO (sized or OS) with a doubler (i.e. the BB doubler), to be fairly absorbent? If so, how long can your LO go in this combo? Do you trust this combo for naps and/or outings?

TIA for sharing
gbabies2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Stamina
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use BottomBumpers size medium on my 3-month-old DD with just the snap-in insert (no doubler) and we haven't had a leak yet! We change with every feeding (2.5 hours) but they've lasted just fine through naps beyond that. Never had a leak in them away from home either.

Just as a comparison, we can't let her go longer than 2.5 hours in her Swaddlebees Simplex mediums or we'll have leaks.
Stamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BottomBummpers AIO w/ a doubler . . . absorbent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
I use BottomBumpers size medium on my 3-month-old DD with just the snap-in insert (no doubler) and we haven't had a leak yet! We change with every feeding (2.5 hours) but they've lasted just fine through naps beyond that. Never had a leak in them away from home either.

Just as a comparison, we can't let her go longer than 2.5 hours in her Swaddlebees Simplex mediums or we'll have leaks.
Thank you, this is very helpful (the comparison is great)!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
newtocloth2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My toddler is not a heavy wetter, but we use them without a doubler and they last easily 3 hours. I find them a tad more absorbent than bright star baby.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtocloth2 View Post
My toddler is not a heavy wetter, but we use them without a doubler and they last easily 3 hours. I find them a tad more absorbent than bright star baby.
I had read that elsewhere too (more absorbency than BSB) but the other Mama found BSB/Peachy Green to be more absorbent . . . probably pretty similar and diff for each person, huh? Glad they work so well for you - I just LOVE the fit of BottomBumpers