Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Scratching is making me crazy!

Ds2 has started fighting his sleep. If that wasn't frustrating enough he's not started climbing all over me and pinching/scratching my chest area. He does it when im nursing him. Or when he's in his carrier. Its really all the time. It doesnt matter how much I cut his nails it still is annoying. And then his dad takes him and he cries and cries for me. I don't want to be touched all.the.time!
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:48 AM   #2
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Scratching is making me crazy!

I can relate! Both of my younger kids have done this. YDD is 19 months and does it a lot at night, mostly when she's nursing. I have a mole on my chest and both kids are obsessed with it. It drives me insane!!!! One of YDD's fisrt words was "mole," and DS always wants to "hold my mole." All that really means is they want to rub it. So annoying. There have been a few times when I freak out and threaten to go have it sliced off, but DH tells me that would be too mean.
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #3
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

My 3rd son used to pinch and knead my arm till I was black and blue. DS 4 picks my mole on my chest and rubs me while nursing. It is very over stimming and the mole thing drives me NUTS! I can relate to your frustration.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #4
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is when we adopted the "lovey". Its just a velour blankie/bear. I put it in his hand and he would rub/squeeze that.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes we have been through this many times and going through it again. The only thing that helps is for DH to literally leave the room with him and rock in the living room or for me to leave the room and they take the bed. I just need some rest even if for only a few hours. We split the night sometimes so I can get a solid 3-4 hours un-molested. During the day have you thought about a nursing necklace so he has something to fixate on and play with? I'm going to buy one of these.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie View Post
Yes we have been through this many times and going through it again. The only thing that helps is for DH to literally leave the room with him and rock in the living room or for me to leave the room and they take the bed. I just need some rest even if for only a few hours. We split the night sometimes so I can get a solid 3-4 hours un-molested. During the day have you thought about a nursing necklace so he has something to fixate on and play with? I'm going to buy one of these.
I do have to say the nursing necklace has helped with my LO. He likes to play with it while nursing. He also plays with my milk pendent.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #7
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

I hadn't thought of one! That's a really good idea. Dh doing nights will not happen in my house.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

If I'm not wearing a nursing necklace, my boobs turn into scratching posts. I even bleed sometimes!!