Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Induction Date Set

My date is set for 1/23 at 37.5 weeks. I'll have an amnio the day before to check for lung maturity. I am being induced for insulin dependent diabetes and some wonky blood pressures with protein in my urine. Baby measured 7 lbs 12 oz, yesterday at 35.4 weeks...so he won't be a little critter.

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Induction Date Set

Wow, that is soon. Are you nervous? Have you had a baby that early before? I had an ultrasound at 33w4d and they said 6lb 7oz. I have a tendency to have large babies so I was not surprised. If he continues growing at this rate he would be similar to my last baby who was 9lb 10oz. My "medwives" are having kittens though I am very lucky not to have any other risk factors so I can't imagine they will make an issue before 39 weeks.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have had one at 34.5 weeks and another at 37.2. Almost all were at 38 weeks and a couple days, so this is really only about 4 days sooner. Half of my babies were just over 9lbs and one was 10 lb 10 oz. My guess is this guy will be in the upper 8's to 9lbs even 2 1/2 weeks early.

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

How exciting! My c-section is officially scheduled, as well, but no until Feb 15th!

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Do they require a nursery stay or come home right away? I think I have PTSD from 2 of our babies needing a week in the hospital and I am beyond anxious that this one will too. I am curious about how they decide to induce prior to 39 weeks because I know macrosomia is not an indicator. I have VERY precipitus deliveries so I am willing to consider AROM at 39 weeks because in the past I have been 5cm by then anyway.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #6
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

good luck! I hope baby does just fine and you get to bring home a happy and healthy little one with no NICU stay
Old 01-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #7
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Even my 34.5 weeker did great with no oxygen needed. We are double checking the lungs to make sure. My biggest concern is baby nursing well.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #8
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That is great!