Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
MunkyCrazy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Giving older kids bm

DS1 woke up with a fever this morning. I unthawed one of the small bags of milk I had in the freezer from my oversupply after DS3 was born. I told him it was medicine and he took a sip and didn't want any more. He threw up a little bit shortly after.

Does anybody else give older kids bm when sick? Should I try to get my 3 year old to drink some as a preventative measure? How do I get them to drink it, mix it with something? I'm not sure how much I have in there, maybe 40oz? DS3 hasn't had any bottles yet so I don't even know if he will use it or not anyway.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Giving older kids bm

I would mix it with cows milk and chocolate. Yeah - I know, but that would be the only way I could hide it for my kids.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't do it on a regular basis, but have thought about it when we are fighting something. I was thinking if my milk is a preventative for baby (because of the anti-bodies) maybe it would do the same for the olders. Anyway, in the past when I've had extra milk (because I pump, but never use it), I've put it in mac and cheese, oatmeal, pancake batter and other things. I've never asked my older kids to drink it straight, though they definitely could if they wanted to. I mix it in things without even mentioning it to them. After all, human milk is for humans.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Everyone in this house has used bm for sicknesses. Topically and drank it. It's awesome for sore throats!

Sent from my droid
Old 01-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulamomma View Post
Everyone in this house has used bm for sicknesses. Topically and drank it. It's awesome for sore throats!

Sent from my droid
I totally agree, and I would never tell them it was something other than what it is.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #6
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KandFsMomma View Post

I totally agree, and I would never tell them it was something other than what it is.
They know what it is, and ask for it when they don't feel good

Sent from my droid