Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
NB fitteds coverless?

I live down south. Baby is due in April which is HOT! I like baby to have breathability but we can not due wool. I am thinking of getting fleece but I really like cover less with some baby legs.

What are some great fitteds to go coverless with for NB? Can I go coverless with WHs?

oh and I do not want huge bulk either bc If I decide to use it at night and need to put a cover on.

Last edited by dagmomma; 01-19-2013 at 08:59 PM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
tomandkara
Registered Users
seller

Re: NB fitteds coverless?

I make hybrid newborn fitteds! I have heard from customers that they last coverless anywhere between 1 and 4 hours!
Find me on facebook and Hyena Cart to see my custom-dyed wool interlock, hybrid fitted diapers, and children's clothes! I stock Thursdays at 9:00 p.m. EST!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

workhorse, NO! I tried that. DD pee'd right through it just as fast as the pee was coming out!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:05 AM   #4
cassmama
Registered Users
seller

I second the advice against WHs. I snappi a red PF plus a preemie PF folded in half and DD still wets through pretty quickly
BWing, BFing , CDing, and finally preggo with Miles, baby #2!! [/SIZE]

cassmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #5
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

SO I am thinking WHs may possily be out. I could just use flats instead but I here so many wonderful things about the WHs and I want them so bad lol.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #6
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Can I ask why you can't use wool? I far prefer wool over anything else and frankly do not like fleece at all. My babies tend to run very hot and we live in Maryland so we have hazy, hot, and humid summer weather and the fleece was hot. With wool their bum is always cool in summer.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
Can I ask why you can't use wool? I far prefer wool over anything else and frankly do not like fleece at all. My babies tend to run very hot and we live in Maryland so we have hazy, hot, and humid summer weather and the fleece was hot. With wool their bum is always cool in summer.
I have an allergy to wool. I was in denial and bought a whole stash of wool for my 2 boys. They were fine I was not. Then I got wool breast pads for me and it was a crazy skin rash that went away after I took wool away. The rash was on dd face in the hospital and on me. Once I stopped using them they went away. I think it is more an allergy to actual lanolin bc I also get a rash when I pet sheep. After I visit a farm and I pet the sheep my hand immediately swells up.

It is sad bc I love woolies so much
Old 01-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma

I have an allergy to wool. I was in denial and bought a whole stash of wool for my 2 boys. They were fine I was not. Then I got wool breast pads for me and it was a crazy skin rash that went away after I took wool away. The rash was on dd face in the hospital and on me. Once I stopped using them they went away. I think it is more an allergy to actual lanolin bc I also get a rash when I pet sheep. After I visit a farm and I pet the sheep my hand immediately swells up.

It is sad bc I love woolies so much
That is sad. I love our wool so much. We will be using WHs and wool for this baby, we are in FL. You could try fleece or get PUL covers which side snap to provide better airflow.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #9
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_dna View Post
That is sad. I love our wool so much. We will be using WHs and wool for this baby, we are in FL. You could try fleece or get PUL covers which side snap to provide better airflow.
I know! It is sad. I love seeing all the cute customs and LOVE sbish!!!!

But oh well. I will give fleece a go--not for always. But I may try some thicker fitteds just for day. I am thinking sbish, or a custom.

My babies seem to get smaller and smaller so I am worried about fitteds that start at 7lbs and thinking I need something smaller.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #10
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I made most of our diaper stash and used flats and prefolds to fill in the holes. DD was born at the end of May last year and we did coverless with our DDU fitteds and EZDipe2 fitteds that I made, and then also with flats in a kite fold with a preemie doubler, or orange GMD snappied on. She peed so often that I just changed as soon as wet and we never had an issue. At night, we would just use a diaper with more absorbency or add a doubler and then put a cover over the top. We changed once or twice in the middle of the night until she was about a month old, and then we switched diapers and she would stay in the same diaper all night.