Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
Postpartum Gift Ideas?

I'm looking to get some gifts for one of my pregnant friends. She has all the baby stuff she could need, so I thought it might be nice to get her some special things just for her. I'm getting her a breastfeeding book, and some Booby Toobs. But I wanted to get her some other stuff too. Anyone have any things that they loved postpartum? Maybe some soothing creams, or something that was helpful when breastfeeding, or something else? Any ideas are welcome. She isn't very "crunchy", so things like cloth pads would probably be out. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
MyLovely
Registered Users

Re: Postpartum Gift Ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine View Post
I'm looking to get some gifts for one of my pregnant friends. She has all the baby stuff she could need, so I thought it might be nice to get her some special things just for her. I'm getting her a breastfeeding book, and some Booby Toobs. But I wanted to get her some other stuff too. Anyone have any things that they loved postpartum? Maybe some soothing creams, or something that was helpful when breastfeeding, or something else? Any ideas are welcome. She isn't very "crunchy", so things like cloth pads would probably be out. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Could you get her a gift certificate for a 30 minute massage, or a facial or something? I'm sure she'd love to be pampered! I know you live in a high COL area, so if all those places are too expensive, maybe some bath stuff for home. Is she a reader? Maybe a gift card for a book store would be nice.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #3
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

A nice water bottle, healthy snacks. I'm always so thirsty and hungry while bfing immediately pp. lotion and bath stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DS Forum
Old 01-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
bradcher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Trail mix is what i lived on while up all night. gift card for a place with meals to go like apple bees curb side pick up.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #5
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

Snacks and a water bottle, for sure! Lansinoh, hand lotion, a nice nursing tank (hides the postpartum belly, great under a shirt - and less "personal" than a bra but serves the same purpose).
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
ss456
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I absolutely LOVE Earth Mama Angel Baby brand Mama Bottom Balm. It is so soothing for any soreness down there, and SO much more effective than anything the hospital gave me!
ss456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss456 View Post
I absolutely LOVE Earth Mama Angel Baby brand Mama Bottom Balm. It is so soothing for any soreness down there, and SO much more effective than anything the hospital gave me!
I was totally gonna say this!!! This stuff is like heaven for ur booty....

Also, homecooked meal.

Also, basket with snackies.
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #8
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Insulated, easy to clean, water bottle; lansinoh; sleep nursing bras or nursing tanks(love my tanks for breastfeeding while out), and Tucks pads were great for right after birthing! Maybe a nursing necklace? They have new silicone type ones that are cute and safe for baby to teeth on. www.jellystonedesigns.com

Last edited by mommycass; 01-21-2013 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Fixed link
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #9
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Home cooked meal? My sister recently had a baby and her fav thing after was people bringing them real meals
Old 01-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #10
karlitacat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Definitely snacks/meals so she doesn't have to cook! I'm dreading keeping up with cooking - and the rest of the housework - when #3 comes next month. Since I layer for nursing, tank tops are GREAT - I can never have too many! A little indulgent treat, like dark chocolate or a favorite dessert, would also be nice. Does she have a favorite magazine? Probably no time to read an actual book, but she could flip through the pages during feedings.
Preggers with baby #4!

Follow me & my crazy thoughts on Wordpress
karlitacat is online now   Reply With Quote