Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Newborn stash planning anyone?

Is anyone trying to plan their nb stash yet? I am so worried about it! Gah! We didn't start cding until ds was around 6 months and even then I had trouble finding what we loved. I want to keep it simple, but I like sized, so I don't even know if that is possible. We are considering THX nb diapers, sunbabies size 1 and 2, then prefolds and some sized covers to fill in the gaps. We can't afford to spend a fortune, so I knixed our original plan to do all Nana's bottoms even though they are my absolute favorite diapers. I can't justify spending that much and then the extra dry cycles they require. I am going to be stressing over this for way too long!
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newborn stash planning anyone?

I'm going to be getting some Ashar fitteds either from a friend or through a group buy...they are nice and cheap!

then probably some new GMD workhorses.

I really want to find some AIOs that are aplix with the newborn swoop or snap down. We used BG nb on dd but that was at 2 weeks when her cord was off.

And then I'll be making a few pair of woolies for baby
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think I am sticking with infant prefolds, thirsties and wool. I've started knitting a couple covers-- 2 pairs of longies and 1 soaker, plus I have all of DS's stuff. I'm not above putting a girl in blue LOL.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
Monkeymamaof2
Registered Users

My Mood:
I plan on buying 4 nb Rumparooz some osocozy prefolds and hopefully I can find some sm dream eze fitteds on here. Along with me making at least 6 newborn wool snap covers (from old wool sweaters) ,10 nb flannel snappiable fitteds, 10 knit and bamboo fleece and sherpa inner fitteds, and then because I want to be super prepared if baby grows a lot within the first weeks I plan on making the same in size small and since I'm a knit-aholic I hope to have at least 4 soakers and 6 pairs of longies <-because I like the house to feel like an ice box in the summer. Oh and plenty of cloth wipes Now all I need is my energy back and I will mos def post pictures of my finished stash. I can't wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I am a WOHM to JJ 10/3/06 and Jio 7/18/08 and a loving GF to Adam and #3 due in August
Monkeymamaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
MonkeyBean415
Registered Users
Formerly: Coastiefam415
seller
seller

I still have a bunch of fitteds, prefitteds and prefolds from DD so we'll likely just use those. I can't resist buying more woolies though We CDed from day one with DD and it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Just a lot of laundry
Old 01-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm kind of a lazy CDer, I think I'm going to go with a mostly AIO stash, and maybe use some prefolds, too. There's something really sweet about a newborn in a prefold. I have Thirsties XS AIOs, BG XS, and newborn Simplex saved from my other kids, probably some other stuff that I don't remember, too. I'm not counting on the BGs though, they didn't fit either of my kids well.

Is August too warm for woolies?
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I need to get some more nb and small dipes. It's on my to do list. I have bought some material to make some fitteds to just use a snappi to close with (don't want to fiddle with snaps in the middle of the night) and I need some infant prefolds. I have plenty of thirsties covers (xs and duos), so now I just need more stuff to put under them. I've always borrowed the itty bitty stuff from my older sis, but can't do that this time since she's pg again too (due in June)!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #8
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post
I'm kind of a lazy CDer, I think I'm going to go with a mostly AIO stash, and maybe use some prefolds, too. There's something really sweet about a newborn in a prefold. I have Thirsties XS AIOs, BG XS, and newborn Simplex saved from my other kids, probably some other stuff that I don't remember, too. I'm not counting on the BGs though, they didn't fit either of my kids well.

Is August too warm for woolies?
I am doing pretty much aio as well. I tried aton things with ds and I just loved aio and pockets the most.

I am thinking about some bg, lil joey, and maybe glory4love. I found the last one on esty so I am still trying to find some more reviews on them.
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #9
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
I am doing pretty much aio as well. I tried aton things with ds and I just loved aio and pockets the most.

I am thinking about some bg, lil joey, and maybe glory4love. I found the last one on esty so I am still trying to find some more reviews on them.
we are an aio family...I just wish they had ones with the cord swoop in aplix
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #10
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn

I can't really even think of my dipes since I have this move first. But I currently use gmd workhorse- which I LOVE, and motherease fitteds with wool covers. I also have some fb's and greenbees pockets. I have small bamboo motherease Sandies which I also love. Just not sure yet what I will need or buy. But I do want some more wool.

Last edited by mvp529; 01-23-2013 at 09:15 PM.
mvp529 is offline   Reply With Quote