Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone have a successful sticky bean with a short PLP?

Hi,

My post lunar phase is about 10 days, not so short that it's impossible but shorter than is preferred. I'm curious if anyone here has had a successful sticky bean who generally had a short PLP?

Thanks!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone have a successful sticky bean with a short PLP?

Yes With my first I ovulated on CD 25 and I had a 34 day cycle the month before and the three previous months the second half of my cycle was only 9-10 days long. At the time I was sure that this meant that I probably wouldn't get pregnant (because we were trying to avoid), but now i know better! I also ovulated on CD 24 or 25 with my son, but I was nursing at the time so lengths were all wonky anyway.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516
Yes With my first I ovulated on CD 25 and I had a 34 day cycle the month before and the three previous months the second half of my cycle was only 9-10 days long. At the time I was sure that this meant that I probably wouldn't get pregnant (because we were trying to avoid), but now i know better! I also ovulated on CD 24 or 25 with my son, but I was nursing at the time so lengths were all wonky anyway.
This makes me happy! Thank you.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

My LP is 11 days and I have had sticky babies. I think there is a B vitamin that is suppose to help lengthen that part of the cycle by a day or 2. But I can't remember which one, or how much to take. People over in the TTC forum would probably be able to help more! Good luck, momma!

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

woo! I am taking omega 3-6-9 to help regulate my homones in general. I've only been taking them about 7 weeks though. It has helped ALOT with my FCM, not so much yet with my PLP.

thanks
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Old 01-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I charted with my first and mine was 9-11 days routinely. It didn't seem to cause us any problems.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #7
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLEB View Post
I charted with my first and mine was 9-11 days routinely. It didn't seem to cause us any problems.
so great to hear thanks! I was a bit freaking out. Now that I have gotten my FCM up and starting learning timing a bit maybe Feb will be our month! So excited
Old 01-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #8
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's Vitamin B6 that is often recommended to lengthen luteal phase.

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #9
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

I have, but I always take progesterone as soon as i get a bfp. I never had an issue getting pregnant with my 9 day luteal phase, but I wasn't staying pregnant.

I did have a surprise pregnancy when I started taking GoYin. Lengthened my luteal phase by 5 days, even on the first cycle I took it. I was not taking it for fertility (it isn't in any way marketed for fertility, just as a balancing super fruit supplement), and had always read it wasn't possible to lengthen an LP by that much. Completely shocked me. Gave some to a friend who had fertility issues and she got knocked up the first month. And the lady I bought it from said she is seeing that trend among other "infertile" women.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:17 AM   #10
kanga1622
Registered Users

I also tend to have 11 day LP and have been pregnant 4 times. 2 losses and 2 healthy pregnancies. I start on progesterone now as soon as I get a BFP and that keeps baby happy. I swear that is the only reason my babies make it past 6 weeks.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum