Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
Samantha313
Registered Users

No period 7 weeks after weaning. Normal?

I wans't sure where to post this. My baby just turned 10 months on the 23rd of January. My supply dried up in mid December; he was about 8.5 months. My supply had been drying up for several weeks at that point, so even at 8.5 months he was only nursing once a day and getting formula. I nursed my first baby for 13 months (6 months exclusivley) and I got my period a few days before he turned 8 months. I never supplemented formula for him, so he was nursing multiple times a day until he weaned. I realize every pregnancy is different, but I find it concerning that my period hasn't returned. It's been about a month or so since I've tested, but I dont think I'm pregnant. Is it normal that I haven't gottan my period yet, 7 weeks after weaning completely, and 10-12 weeks after beginning weaning?
Samantha313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
nursenmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: No period 7 weeks after weaning. Normal?

I don't really have any advice but I just read a local mom here finally got her first pp period back 13 months after weaning. I would probably be concerned by that point but I think everyone is different and hormones can do crazy things. If I were you, I'd probably try not to worry about it until 12 months pp and then maybe make a doc appt
Old 01-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
Samantha313
Registered Users

Thanks, Nursenmom!
Samantha313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
mhschool6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did that after my 5th child! I eventually had a period 13mos after weaning, and then it was another 9 months until I had my next one!!! And then 6 months went by and I got pregnant!! But after the sixth, my experience was more normal for me. And she was still nursing when I got pregnant with our seventh! And my period just returned today, after 2.5 years of pregnancy and bf'ing!

Anyway, I wouldnt be overly concerned. Looking back, that natural break my body took was good for me.
Hannah- married to M for 14 yrs: Mama of 7 amazing children! Ages 13yrs down to 23mos And expecting #8 January 2014!!!
mhschool6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
I stopped nursing at 9 mos, AF returned at 13 months.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote