Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Clogged duct?

Started yesterday with what I thought was a clogged duct, large hard knot/rope on the top of my left breast. No redness or warmth to touch, no fever. The thing is, its only minimally painful. When I've had a clogged duct in the past it was much more painful (and I was able to find the clog on my nipple and unclog it. Could it just be I caught it quick? Using heat, massage and nursing/pumping frequently.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Clogged duct?

Sounds like plugged duct....
Old 02-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Mine have started like that sometimes. Hope you can take care of it soon!
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #4
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Clogged duct?

I had one that was only a bit uncomfortable. It sounds like your doing all the right stuff. I took tons of hot baths and massaged, i also applied a hot compress prior to every pump. Within 24 hours I had unclogged it.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
organicmama10
Registered Users
seller
seller

Definitely try hot compress, baths/showers, and bf or pump frequently. I experienced it with DS and the first time it went away after a couple of days. DS took care of it but it came back. I think it wasn't completely gone because it came back a few weeks later. I tried to have DS feed on that side first especially when he's really hungry (ie following naps). It helped to keep that side going. Even though it unplugged, the production was never the same on that side. Interestingly, it seems normal now with dd.
organicmama10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #6
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Also nurse in a position (like you on all fours) so that baby's chin points towards the clog, it'll help to pull directly from that area.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #7
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

It seems much better today. When I pumped earlier it seemed like my supply is coming back .(made so lactation cookies today JIC). Thanks!