Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:
S/O Water Birthing Outfits!

I know this has been discussed not that long ago and I really liked that thread! I decided to do a spin off thread because I'm asking for links for great ideas for clothing to water birth in. I'd love to hear what everyone else has tested and liked.

I will be having a water birth in May and am trying to be as modest as possible. Literally every female from my dh's family will be there sooo... I guess about 8 women or so. I'm kind of modest to begin with but really do want to share this special day with my entire family. I also want to continue to stay as modest as possible.

What did you wear? What do you plan on wearing? What have you heard was great for someone else? Thank you in advanced for you help.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O Water Birthing Outfits!

I just use a bikini top. When I'm in transition (that's when I get into the pool) I don't care who is there and who sees me, they are usually the last on my mind. I also couldn't stand having anything on my bottom at that time and just needed to be naked there. I suppose you could wear a dress like cover that women use for the lake.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
tink90
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ditto....bikini top

*.~.~.*Petalheads*.~.~.*
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1484149
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Petal...61515813886015
tink90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:

LOL I know but I'm pretty sure I'll still want a skirt of some kind. I've given birth vaginally/naturally 3 other times so far and have managed to keep a bit of modesty. I don't mind once I get to transition (who does?) but in labor I'm not going to want to sit around with no bottoms or pants. I've just never done water before and I'm hoping to get a lot of pain management out of hanging out in the tub for a bit.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Before I got into the pool I wore a tank top over my bikini top and then jammie bottoms on. I had underwear on too because my water broke before labor and everytime I stood up I would "gush", so I had to have a pad as well. This time I will probably wear the same, minus the tank. I have a knitted poncho top that I'll be wearing. I'm due any day, so it's a bit colder this time around.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #6
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

during my homebirth i wanted to be a little more modest, too. i started out with shorts and this long kind of sleeveless tunic top, a couple hrs into it i had undies and the top, then just the top, by transition i was mooing and naked as usual, ahahaha.

Last edited by nettepoet; 02-06-2013 at 07:16 AM.
nettepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #7
tink90
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm......see I never got into the pool until *almost* pushing or starting to push, but not out of choice....my labors went to fast through transition

I had a black skirt that's made out of a stretchy material (like a bathing suit or yoga pants) ready, but never ended up wearing it.....might be an idea for you though....

*.~.~.*Petalheads*.~.~.*
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1484149
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Petal...61515813886015

Last edited by tink90; 02-05-2013 at 11:13 AM.
tink90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #8
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

This is my first water birth but I am trying to find a swimsuit cover that is like a mini dress or a long tank. Only issue is I might get in and out a lot so normal cotton material could be annoying. If I find something I will let you know!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
e.e.peltz
Registered Users
seller

I wore a swimsuit top from a two piece swimsuit while i was in the tub and nothing on the bottom...outside the tub, I wore a short nightgown (or maybe it was a swimsuit cover? not sure) over it. Worked pretty well. Good luck, mama!
e.e.peltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #10
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am waiting patiently for my water birth but won't be modest - I have a sports bra that fastens in the front and a sarong, the sarong will be tossed once I get in the tub.

BUT I have always wondered about the practicality of split-crotch panties for those who want to be "covered". I don't know that you can get much more "coverage" than that!
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote