Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
ExcitedMamma
Registered Users

Not happy with Cotton Babies where else should I try?

As a newbie to cloth who needed to build a stash for my infant I started with a lot from Cotton Babies. I bought the BGEs because of the sale and the Flips. Customer service messed up my order and wasn't helpful about fixing it. My new Flip covers, ordered new not seconds, arrived already unraveling. To say the least I don't think I want to support this company anymore. But I still don't have enough diapers to go without doing laundry everyday so what do you recommend?

I really like TotsBots but is it ok to use these a lot since they are made of polyester? Is cotton better? If its ok does anyone know when they come out with new colors or prints? A lot of them are listed as discontinued now.

I also have Simplex 2.0s in medium and they have a great snap that's easy to use but I worry they're uncomfortable because they're so rough.
ExcitedMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
rooster2012
Registered Users
seller

Definitely call Cotton Babies up. I once had a new flip cover that started falling apart after 2 washes. I emailed them a pic and they sent me a new one right away. I've always had good experiences with them.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
nbert921
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Not happy with Cotton Babies where else should I try?

If you're looking for a new place to shop, try www.happybabycompany.com .

they have fantastic customer service and are diaper experts. tehy certainly can help you decide what diapers are best for your needs.

(i am in no way affiliated with the company. they got me started in cloth and i just feel like they're great!)
Old 02-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
abeccarelli
Registered Users
seller

First, I would call Cottonbabies up, let them know you're displeased. They are usually really good at making things right. Then, it really all depends on what you like. I would buy one or two of each of the items you think you might like and go from there. I learned the hard way you may not like what you think you will.

I was SURE I would love Sunbaby...eh, they are ok. I was sure I would love pockets...so far the only ones I truly love are my BG 4.0. I like the others ok, but Love my BG. I don't care for flips like everyone else seems to, I prefer my Blueberry covers (I think it is that double gusset), and I LOVE flats and fitteds, but can live without the bulky prefolds.

It is all trial and error IMHO. I have heard good things about Kelly's Closet and Jillian's Drawers (I just can't deal with the name I don't know why).
abeccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I really like Nicki's diapers. I had a disper sprayer from bum genius and online it said to contact cotton babies. It had their name on it
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art mama
I really like Nicki's diapers. I had a disper sprayer from bum genius and online it said to contact cotton babies. It had their name on it
Hit send too soon lol

Anyway it leaked. I contacted cottonbabies and they gave me the the manufactures address to contact them directly. Since it was a bum genius brand I really thought that cottonbabies should have just taken care if it.
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kissedythemoon.com has excellent customer service!

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #8
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampered Mama View Post
Kissedythemoon.com has excellent customer service!
Tami at Kissed By the Moon has incredible customer service. I pretty much only shop with her because she makes everything so joyful and easy. You can PM her on here or use her Contact Us form to ask questions. She is really, really helpful.

For CB - use their contact us form and tell them what's wrong. They will email you back and then you need to send them a photo. I have mixed feelings about CB but they have always been very quick with C/S when a product hasn't been up to par.

I don't think you can beat Tami/KBTM rewards, though. She allows freebies with codes PLUS gives you rewards in Kissed Cash.

I am in no way affiliated with Tami, I just think she is wonderful and deserves more business.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #9
ExcitedMamma
Registered Users

Thanks everyone! Sorry if I wasn't clear I meant what other diapers should I try since I'm not happy with CottonBabies? I was under the impression they were the same company as Bumgenius since BG website directs to CB?

Any thoughts on TotBots? As I said I really like them but is there any problem with using them since they're polyester? Is cotton better?

Thanks!
ExcitedMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #10
jmrw2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcitedMamma View Post
Thanks everyone! Sorry if I wasn't clear I meant what other diapers should I try since I'm not happy with CottonBabies? I was under the impression they were the same company as Bumgenius since BG website directs to CB?

Any thoughts on TotBots? As I said I really like them but is there any problem with using them since they're polyester? Is cotton better?

Thanks!
There are a LOT of different diapers out there. CottonBabies products are just drop in the bucket. Do you like the shape/fit of your flips and BGE's? I've never tried Totsbots myself, so I can't say anything about them...
Personally I prefer to stick with natural inners - cotton, bamboo, hemp, etc. My favorites are Peachy Green, Rainshine Designs, and BuggaBuggaBoutique.
jmrw2 is offline   Reply With Quote