Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

Which is your favorite- flip, grovia or softbums?

Which do you prefer and why?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum
Old 02-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Which is your favorite- flip, grovia or softbums?

You already know what my answer will be Flips! I love the gentle leg elastic and they just fit my kids great.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
1) SoftBums - trim, love fleece inner & slide2size toggles, narrow crotch, good quality, made in the USA (shells) gentle
2) Grovia - trim & narrow, hated spraying poop out of the mesh
3) Flips - too wide of crotch for Ds3& hate exposed PUL

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

I knew what both you mamas would say!

I really like the fit of flips and the leg elastic but not a fan of exposed PUL. I'm wondering if it will make my LO sweaty in the Texas heat this summer. I'm just thinking plastic vs fabric against the skin.
I also want to move to aplix and am not so sure about bg aplix.
I have a grovia and both types of softbums OTW to try out.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServingHim View Post
I knew what both you mamas would say!

I really like the fit of flips and the leg elastic but not a fan of exposed PUL. I'm wondering if it will make my LO sweaty in the Texas heat this summer. I'm just thinking plastic vs fabric against the skin.
I also want to move to aplix and am not so sure about bg aplix.
I have a grovia and both types of softbums OTW to try out.

I do agree with you on the exposed PUL and aplix. I have to say using the new organic daytime flats they stay put and can be folded nice and wide so that PUL is really not touching the skin. I love that snaps stay nice, but honestly I HATE snapping diapers after this many years. I am all about aplix since it goes on like a sposie. As long as I am careful about fastening the laundry tabs on Flips and not drying in the dryer ALL the time, I have had Flips last years.

I actually passed down some to a friend a year ago that were a year old and she has used them exclusively ever since. I think she has 6 or 8 of them? They don't look perfectly new, but they look good enough and work perfectly. That was what actually convinced me to just stick with the aplix Flips. I *almost* got snap Flips and I'm so glad I changed my mind because I would have probably stuck with disposables

ETA: Not a fan of Grovia or Softbums. Grovia left terrible red marks and we can do the fleece inners from Softbums nor did I think they were that great of quality. If Grovia hadn't left red marks I might have liked them otherwise.

Last edited by FernHollow; 02-13-2013 at 03:55 PM.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
alisonsjulejb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

FernHollow, I totally agree with you about the Aplix....I have finally decided to go with all Aplix BG 4.0 and flips because its just so much easier to me and my husband and families and I love that I can get a better fit and they are more like disposables. Also, this is my thinking:

If I buy 8 Aplix flips for our baby due in June and use them a year and a half or 2 years until we have our next baby, I can always just sell those flips and use that money to fund a new stash of them...I mean seriously if I buy seconds they are $7.00/each so i will spend $56 and I can probably resell them for what $4.00?!!! So then I will make $32 back and I can use that to buy 8 more and will only be spending $24 per child to buy a new stash of covers....I mean come on I think that's a lot better than spending thousands on disposables!!!! I am going to be using flats to stuff both my 4.0s and use in my flips so I know the flats will last a long time so that won't be a problem..ill probably only have to look at getting new Aplix flips and that will be CHEAP!!!!! Actually, even if I want to replace my 4.0 Aplix stash with each child that will not end up being that much either!! I will just sell them and use that money to buy new ones! So say I buy 20 BG 4.0s(for hubby and nights/naps and gparents to use and then the 8 flips for me to use) and say I get the seconds since I am not going to use the mf inserts anyways. So I'll spend $11/diaper or $211. Say I sell them for $6/each to fund buying a new stash for the next baby....I will make $120 back on them and then use that towards new ones and so only be spending about $90 for a whole new 4.0 stash per child and then $24 on new flips so about $100 per child. That's not too bad in my opinion, Especially if I stick with them like I plan on doing and not get drug into trying everything or start spending money on all other types of fluff? And thats only if i feel like i really need to get new aplix. i plan on hang drying the shells and covers so maybe they will last longer.

Anyway, that was really long sorry...but that's what I'm thinking

Last edited by alisonsjulejb; 02-14-2013 at 11:16 AM.
alisonsjulejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

flip,
grovia,
not a softbums fan
Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #8
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Grovia first then flip. I don't care for the PUL exposed in flip covers but the elastic is very gentle. Grovia mesh holds pad folded flats really well IMO!
Softbums got stinky for me when we pad folded. Although I like the idea of no rise snaps, super adjustable & good Velcro.
Prefer snap closure for grovia & flip. Grovia aplix is strong but I don't care for the complicated laundry tabs. Flip aplix is marginal.
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #9
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

Such great points mamas! I guess I'll know for sure in a few weeks
The Grovia and Softbums are otw (well to my mom's anyway since we are moving)
and once we are settled in a couple of weeks I'll have the flip day inserts to try in all the covers!

I wish I could take bits and pieces from each cover and make my perfect cover!

Old 02-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #10
amandact
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've never tried soft bums, but I like grovia over flips. It might be because my daughter was on the smallest rise but she ended up with wicked marks where the fabric folded up when it was snapped. It was clearly a fit issue. Plus the prints are adorable. We don't use them at night though.

Inserts are super expensive but hold up really well so we were able to buy almost all of them on fsot.

Also, I way prefer grovia snaps, aplix can get a bit crinkly and I find their snaps super easy compared to others (bg)

Last edited by amandact; 02-13-2013 at 05:01 PM.
amandact is offline   Reply With Quote