Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:51 AM   #1
Registered Users
What's best to use for overnight soak?

I have being using vinegar for my wet pail but after reading the forums realized it is a no/no especially if it is left for longer times which I do , for about 3-4 days. Instead of vinegar what should I use? Oxyboost?
squirrelmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: What's best to use for overnight soak?

I've had oxyclean or the generic cause pul to crack pul so I would be careful with that too. I've read a small amount of bleach is actually safer than oxyclean but not to soak in. if you use a good laundry detergent you shouldn't have smells and I put stained dipes in a sunny window wet and that gets any stains out.
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
Registered Users
Letting diapers soak in anything for days isn't good for them, being wet (except hemp) makes fabric more fragile. Most everything harms fabrics with that much exposure. Vinegar may be the least damaging. Oxiclean quits being active after a few hours and does break down fabric.

But just the diaper bacteria will really hurt fabrics waiting that long to wash. They fabric eating bacteria are almost nonexistent the first 48 hours and then multiply very quickly.

I understand it's often just what works to wash more seldom, just putting the info out there. I wonder whether a capful of bleach might be less harmful than letting bacteria multiply. Or keep at it with the vinegar.

For overnight, I Love washing soda.
No 2x4 Butt! A non-pad "Pad" fold to put flats in covers and pockets:
TrennaII is offline   Reply With Quote