Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Postpartum mama cloth?

I was planning to buy the Luna Pads postpartum kit, because I know they've been around forever, but the kit is pricey. I'm new to mama cloth, since I've used the Diva Cup for 10+ years and haven't worn a pad of any type since.

Is there another brand out there that makes a postpartum kit that you'd recommend, that I should consider? My intent is to only use them until I get the go-ahead to wear an internal product again, then it's back to a size two Diva. Organic materials are a plus!

Thanks in advance for the recs!

Last edited by USNsis; 02-25-2013 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Added further content for consideration.
USNsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
Yarnjess
Registered Users
seller

Re: Postpartum mama cloth?

Like you I use a Diva Cup. I'm cheap and didn't want to buy a bunch of pads that I would be unlikely to use much, so I made my own from upcycled thrift store fabrics (flannel, towels, and fleece for backing). There are lots of free patterns available, so if you have a sewing machine they're not that hard to make.
Yarnjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I use a Diva Cup as well. For postpartum after both my kids I used preemie prefolds trifolded with a piece of fleece under them to keep them waterproof. They worked great and are super cheap to get! I got a dozen for $10 from cotton babies when they had them on sale and it was the perfect amount for just washing them with the cloth diapers.
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I actually dont care for lunapafs personally. I got a mini postpartum pad kit from party in my pants. I love them, they are my favorite mc.
Also, not saying this will happen to you, but for almost a year pp I could not get my diva cup to fit right and it would always leak so I used pads for back up. I've got a pretty hefty flow, tho.
marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
kdrave
Registered Users
seller

I wouldn't have thought of the prefolds. Wouldn't it just come unfolded? Is it super bulky?
kdrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdrave View Post
I wouldn't have thought of the prefolds. Wouldn't it just come unfolded? Is it super bulky?
Even though I had a nice postpartum stash with my last baby, I tried prefolds a few times so that I would have experience with them.

Using a preemie prefold is a little bulky, but it's honestly not as bad as one might think. You do need to change them more often as there is no waterproof layer in them. They are a good alternative for people like the OP who doesn't normally use cloth pads, and won't again after the lochia has stopped. Proper fitting underwear are key with any cloth pad, but even more so when using prefolds. The good thing is you typically aren't moving around very much after birth anyways.
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #7
lizzy_b
Registered Users
seller

And do the prefolds shift around?
lizzy_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #8
Nangirl17
Registered Users
seller

I just bought a trial pack from Tallulah Bean, and I am SO getting their postpartum/heavy flow pads in minky for my next baby! They are so comfortable and the shape is awesome for preventing leaks! I can hardly wait to get pg to buy them (and for the baby too lol)!!
Nangirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote