Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
How long is your luteal phase?

I'm curious how long yours is? I have no idea how long mine is as I've never charted before. Also, do you count only the number of days past ovulation as the days of your luteal phase? I'm just trying to figure it all out! I'm 9 dpo and I'm trying to figure out when to tell my DH that I'm late and need to test! He does NOT like me to test without him and DOESN'T like me testing frequently, so I have to be very strategic in when I test. I'm 9 dpo right now. We are also leaving town to visit family on Wednesday and it would be fun to tell me family and friends in person this week! I just want to make sure I'll get a good dark positive first time or he won't be up to retest till we get back home. Also, did I mention I'm really impatient?
Oh, other question, how low does an implantation dip go and what day is that usually on? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a handle on all this!

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes.

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

You are not going to like my answer. It varies from person to person. My LP is up to 16 days. I have seen plenty of girls say a lot shorter. I have a dip around 4dpo then my temp goes up another degree. So pre O is 96s. O is usually around 97.5 then dip to low 97s followed by temps in the 98s until the day AF shows. My temp drops to mid 97s that day.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh
You are not going to like my answer. It varies from person to person. My LP is up to 16 days. I have seen plenty of girls say a lot shorter. I have a dip around 4dpo then my temp goes up another degree. So pre O is 96s. O is usually around 97.5 then dip to low 97s followed by temps in the 98s until the day AF shows. My temp drops to mid 97s that day.
It's ok, there really wasn't a wrong answer, lol. I'm really just curious! I also don't want to "lie" to my DH and tell him I'm late when I may not be. Kwim? I've read some on fertility friend, but I didn't finish reading and then my VIP membership trial ended and I'm not paying for the VIP right now. I couldn't find any other info on there that I didn't have to pay for. I've never charted my fertility, just my period and I was aware of my fertile mucus and cervix position. So this is the first month I can point on the calendar and say "I ovulated then." I just know that we unintentionally had perfect timing. My cycles have been really screwed up the last several months too, so I can't even say that I know when to expect af by that, which is a little frustrating, I just know sometime this coming week it will happen. I was able to identify a fallback rise on my chart, so, yeah, I'm learning!

All that to say, thanks for the response!

Old 04-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #4
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long is your luteal phase?

I think the average is somewhere around 12-14 days? I have an 11 day LP, to the best of my knowledge. It's been a while since I charted.
Did you try the fertility awareness course available on Fertility Friend? It's got LOTS of info!
Old 04-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cricket~
I think the average is somewhere around 12-14 days? I have an 11 day LP, to the best of my knowledge. It's been a while since I charted.
Did you try the fertility awareness course available on Fertility Friend? It's got LOTS of info!
Oops, I meant to include you in the other quote!

Old 04-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #6
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long is your luteal phase?

I never had the paid membership on FF, and I got a full information course e-mailed to me, 1 lesson a week. Tons of info there! It's been a while though - maybe policy has changed there, who knows?
I'd say if you go past 14 days, you could say you're late, but you'll need a few cycles to know for sure if you're really late for your own body's schedule. If you are pregnant, I would expect a positive test at that point anyways.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #7
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cricket~
I never had the paid membership on FF, and I got a full information course e-mailed to me, 1 lesson a week. Tons of info there! It's been a while though - maybe policy has changed there, who knows?
I'd say if you go past 14 days, you could say you're late, but you'll need a few cycles to know for sure if you're really late for your own body's schedule. If you are pregnant, I would expect a positive test at that point anyways.
Thanks! Yeah, I got the messages through fertility friend up until my trial membership ended. But I wasn't temping yet, so I was unclear on a lot of it. Now I'm sure it would make more sense!
I wish DH wasn't so funny about testing, I would just test when I felt like it, Lol. Maybe I'll have enough symptoms before we leave I can convince him to let me test!
It will stink to have AF while I'm gone, that's pretty much a guarantee if I'm not preggo.

My i-devices are out to get me, please excuse mistakes.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #8
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
That's supposed to be FF *app!

My i-devices are out to get me, please excuse mistakes.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:53 PM   #9
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
My LP was 10 days
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:01 PM   #10
solobluedancer
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mine seems to vary. It goes from like 11 to 13 days. However, my temping goes in about 3 to four month spurts with years inbetween. My temps are really sensitive, like I have to do it within 10 minutes or my temps are off. So my lp might not vary, I might just have crappy temping skills.