Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
My Mood:
Possible Pre-E? What to ask?

I will be 40 weeks on Saturday and today at my appt I had some pre-e signs so my midwife ran some tests. I had gained 6lbs in a week (not overeating, in fact it has been hard to keep food down), I'm swelling (but I don't think much more than usual), I had a BP which was getting close to pre-e BP I guess (134/83 I think it was), and this week I had floaters/lights in my vision.

Being that I was going to deliver with a midwife in a birth center if my tests come back as pre-e I will be in the hospital to deliver. I'm not too concerned about that at all. Honestly I'm just happy to be having a healthy baby and want to do what is best. Besides, I baked her this long so I'm pretty darn proud. I don't know much about pre-e so when I came home I did a little of my own research. I want to make sure I go into this with all my questions ready if I need them.

What would be some things I should ask about all that is going on? What should I be expecting if you have experience with this? Oh, and I read that it is an issue with the placenta so does that mean no more placental encapsulation? Please help me figure out everything I may want to ask because I really want to be prepared if the worst case scenario comes up! Thank you ladies.
Proud Mama to: My big guys C (9/2002) and N (10/2003), and my princess (3/2006).
Always missing my angel babies 3/2008, 9/2011, and twins 5/2012
Baby C is here! 5/2013
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
I had pre-e with ds. Have they done the 24 hour urine specimen? I would check your bp a few times a day, if you don't have a home cuff, go to a pharmacy or grocery to use the community one. If it were me, I would call and ask about the floaters, keep a log of your bp, if the bottom number goes above 90, def call, and ask about the urine test if you are going to stay preggo for a few more days ;-) that was the. Definitive answer for us, as it showed my liver function declining. At that point, I was induced. Not the situtation I had planned, but got a healthy mama and baby out of it!
Sorry if I haven't gotten back with anyone via PM. Still learning the iPhone app and not very "techy".
mommy2sammy is offline   Reply With Quote