Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
June/July Adoption and Foster Care Chat Thread

I'll start up a fresh one for the summer.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
Beth.
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: June/July Adoption and Foster Care Chat Thread

Good that baby has a different dad. Hopefully new baby does not have the same health problems A has. That stuff is hard enough to manage for those of us prepared to parent. I can't imagine not being in a good place with jobs, insurance, family support, etc trying to manage medical needs.

Good luck on the other stuff. Maybe guardianship if she decides she doesn't want to parent? Then you can get baby home and do the home study and ICPC after the fact? I have heard of other families doing this.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
FindingMercy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth. View Post
Good that baby has a different dad. Hopefully new baby does not have the same health problems A has. That stuff is hard enough to manage for those of us prepared to parent. I can't imagine not being in a good place with jobs, insurance, family support, etc trying to manage medical needs.

Good luck on the other stuff. Maybe guardianship if she decides she doesn't want to parent? Then you can get baby home and do the home study and ICPC after the fact? I have heard of other families doing this.
Didn't even think of that as an option. I'll have to look into how that would work with living in different states and everything.

I'm also thrilled it's a different dad. After everything we went through with A's biodad...ugh...no thanks.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

Old 06-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
Msheidiann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Finding mercy it has to be so hard waiting for her to make a decision!

I have been sort of MIA just trying to get through the rest of this appeal period. I had to step away for a while because it was very difficult to see people finalizing so quickly. Good news is that the court has accepted the paperwork and everything is correct. We get to call to book the date July 8! Hoping to finalize by end of July.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #5
FindingMercy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msheidiann View Post
Finding mercy it has to be so hard waiting for her to make a decision!

I have been sort of MIA just trying to get through the rest of this appeal period. I had to step away for a while because it was very difficult to see people finalizing so quickly. Good news is that the court has accepted the paperwork and everything is correct. We get to call to book the date July 8! Hoping to finalize by end of July.
YAY!!! I've wondered where you were. It's about time for the end to be in sight for you. We will throw you a cyber party. I'll eat lots of cake in your honor.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
Msheidiann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy View Post
YAY!!! I've wondered where you were. It's about time for the end to be in sight for you. We will throw you a cyber party. I'll eat lots of cake in your honor.
I know!!! A huge cyber party. It's been SUCH a long road. I am ready to be done! Meanwhile Thomas is taking up a storm and growing like a weed. My little bebe is definitely a big toddler now!
Old 06-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #7
dalynn1997
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are kind if in limbo too. NB turned 1 last week and his paperwork is just sitting on someone's desk. He has been TPRd since Jan 17tg with zero progress.

Then Hope is still with us for now. They have done the home study for her aunt but she hasn't turned her paperwork in so we wait. Also they are now looking into a potential bdad. I've seen a picture and I'm pretty sure he's her dad. We will be doing DNA testing soon. Who knows what will happen if he ends up being her dad. This case keeps getting crazier!!!!
Christian Wife to DH married 16 years. Forever mommy to my adopted son #9 C (3 yrs) Currently fostering #20 A our bonus buddy full sibling to my adopted son (16 mths). We have fostered 20 children so far, some with medical special needs. Still hoping for a forever girl.
dalynn1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #8
FindingMercy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalynn1997 View Post
We are kind if in limbo too. NB turned 1 last week and his paperwork is just sitting on someone's desk. He has been TPRd since Jan 17tg with zero progress.

Then Hope is still with us for now. They have done the home study for her aunt but she hasn't turned her paperwork in so we wait. Also they are now looking into a potential bdad. I've seen a picture and I'm pretty sure he's her dad. We will be doing DNA testing soon. Who knows what will happen if he ends up being her dad. This case keeps getting crazier!!!!
A biodad...now??? And seriously, I just cannot believe that this aunt actually wants her. She has had soooo much time and just seems to be sitting on her hands. If she really wanted her, she would have her by now.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #9
Denni
Registered Users

We are still waiting to see if our Province will allow us to adopt our Foster daughter. Her parents rights were terminated on January 24th and still we wait. We have had her with us for almost a year and we did respite for her since she came into care a year and a half ago.
We are starting to lose hope that we will get her. My husband and I have a sinking feeling that her worker is dragging their heels on a psych evaluation because they want her in the general adoption pool as a child with out additional needs. I want to bang my head because we have stated time after time we would adopt her no matter what her needs turn out to be.
I love reading this forum it helps me feel less alone in this crazy system.
Denni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #10
Robin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denni View Post
We are still waiting to see if our Province will allow us to adopt our Foster daughter. Her parents rights were terminated on January 24th and still we wait. We have had her with us for almost a year and we did respite for her since she came into care a year and a half ago.
We are starting to lose hope that we will get her. My husband and I have a sinking feeling that her worker is dragging their heels on a psych evaluation because they want her in the general adoption pool as a child with out additional needs. I want to bang my head because we have stated time after time we would adopt her no matter what her needs turn out to be.
I love reading this forum it helps me feel less alone in this crazy system.
I'm so sorry. I would think they would want her to be with the parents she has known so long? Sometimes I think caseworkers lose sight of what CPS is supposed to be about - what is best for the kids.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote