Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2014, 06:47 AM   #1
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
:( Sad this morning

I was sad this morning to see all that went down yesterday with the bans and inactives. This site has been a place where I have come pretty much daily, if not multiple times a day, for 7 years. I got wonderful parenting advice, heard some needed criticism, had my beliefs challenged (which made them stronger), "met" people who I have much in common with, some I have not very much in common with at all, and met two mamas IRL. I am sad to see how much things have changed and how frustratingly little long time members and especially Mods (who freely gave their time) matter to tptb. I have to say, when the changes started happening, I was annoyed, but not quite ready to switch to another site completely. I posted here less frequently, but still lurked a bunch. Besides this site becoming pretty dang dull, it has also turned into a place that I don't feel that I can freely speak my mind without being banned. Or wait, is it inactive now? Or is that only for former mods? I can't keep up and there's no point, as the rules will probably change again. I used to wonder at what point I would be done with DS, but I never thought it would be this soon, while my kids are still little. I am thankful for a new site where I feel like my voice is absolutely heard and where members are valued. I'm sure this will poof and I will probably be banned or whatever, even though the only "rule" I have broken is to not fall in line.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:52 AM   #2
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:55 AM   #3
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: :( Sad this morning

amen sister.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:57 AM   #4
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yeah I'm tending to agree. I don't feel like I am welcome here.
MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:57 AM   #5
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: :( Sad this morning

Please give us a chance to digest and discuss everything. It is not as simple as the insinuations being made, people are doing malicious acts. I am not saying that is the case on each person people are asking about, I just dont know anything myself yet. But please keep an open mind that more is going on.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:00 AM   #6
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+2macht4
Please give us a chance to digest and discuss everything. It is not as simple as the insinuations being made, people are doing malicious acts. I am not saying that is the case on each person people are asking about, I just dont know anything myself yet. But please keep an open mind that more is going on.
honestly I think Whitney was/will be the final straw for many. She isn't a drama starter, she super sweet, and I think it will be really hard to convince people that she deserved to be removed from this site.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:02 AM   #7
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
See the thing is, I have been keeping an open mind for a couple of weeks. This is all straight up shady. We all know full well that WhitneyWalters never broke a rule. She is the furthest from a pot stirrer. She has been keeping the peace on "the other site" and encouraging others to not be insulting or start drama. The bottom line is, I don't feel welcome here and I don't feel confident in the mods and admin and owners of this site. There are too many unanswered, avoided questions. I don't feel that I owe it to any of tptb to wait and see what they uncover or make up for reasons for banning or what they just decide to sweep under the rug and hope long standing members don't notice. It's insulting to ask me to wait. I know that you personally don't have the answers because you were asleep when all this went down. But Cricket could actually...I don't know...actually answer a freaking question directly every now and then.

Last edited by Celeste; 04-02-2014 at 07:06 AM.
Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:03 AM   #8
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
It really is that simple Serena. If you voice disdain for tptb you get whacked with the ban stick. If you ask a valid question they don't want to answer you get banded . It's really obvious at this point and if you don't see that by now you have your head in the sand.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:04 AM   #9
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
It would be easier to "keep an open mind" when people are treated with respect. Some of the banned (calling it like it is) members from last night have been VERY respectful of DS on the other site. Even sticking up for DS. and then this?!? Like I said before, it's hard to have an open mind when things just seem so malicious on DS part.
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:08 AM   #10
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcdmommy29
It would be easier to "keep an open mind" when people are treated with respect. Some of the banned (calling it like it is) members from last night have been VERY respectful of DS on the other site. Even sticking up for DS. and then this?!? Like I said before, it's hard to have an open mind when things just seem so malicious on DS part.
Anyone else notice that we are the only ones who are supposed to keep an open mind?