Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
evandmp
Surrounded by Geminis!
seller

My Mood:
Castor oil on belly

Anyone know more about this. I've read about some people doing it but no specifics and I tried searching online and could only find out about people drinking it. I'm now about 4cms when I checked this morning and would like to see if there is anything I can do to help the full moon out. I ate a pineapple yesterday and it did not do anything but it was tasty, lol. TIA. Oh and dh wont bd with me as he is too scared.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:13 PM   #2
dolphingirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Castor oil on belly

Hi! With my last pregnancy, my midwife had me massage my belly with castor oil a couple times a day starting at about 5 days past my due date. She said it would be absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream and not cause the digestive problems of drinking it. She said to reserve drinking it as a last resort (I'm thinking if I was 2 weeks overdue maybe? I'm not sure). Anyways, once it got to 7 days past my due date or so she also massaged my cervix with evening primrose oil and had me take some herbs. On the 9th day past my due date, I was scheduled to have acupuncture done that afternoon, but thankfully went into labor before it was time to go to the appointment! So, I don't know what role, if any, the castor oil played, but supposedly it helped!
Kristin
dolphingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:28 PM   #3
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have had it IN my belly but not ON my belly lol

sorry I am no help
Old 05-31-2007, 08:13 PM   #4
evandmp
Surrounded by Geminis!
seller

My Mood:

Thanks. I think I will just rub it on my belly and then put a warm towel over it. If it doesnt work at least I tried.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:18 PM   #5
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

You just rub it on your belly and put a warm cloth on it. You want the cloth to stay warm... Also you could try nipple stimulation. That should get things started for ya!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:20 AM   #6
massage mama
Registered Users

I was alos thinking last night with the full moon I would have my baby but I actually had the best sleep in many weeks. I was getting up at 4 or 5 every morning and not being able to fall asleep.

We attempted the sex thing in the afternoon, and I am very low in the tummy. But still no baby. Not even a twinge just the wave like movement downward from the baby. I keep thinking it will cause my water to break and labour will begin. That is how it happened with DS at 38.5 weeks. BUt I am just 37 weeks yesterday. I'll go for a walk today to see. And I'm giving a massage this morning at 10 am, maybe the movement will help too.

I'm not in any hurry just feel like it is going to happen soon. When this baby is ready we will go and not a moment sooner. The baby actually sends a hormonal signal to start labour. So now we wait.
Fun
Good luck!
T
massage mama is offline   Reply With Quote