Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2007, 11:14 AM   #1
nikkiof5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
BEST Infant Carseat.....

I usually go with Britax. Are they the best? Spam and link please!!!
nikkiof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:17 AM   #2
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:
Re: BEST Infant Carseat.....

Good Question. We always use graco snugrides for infant and then move to britax, just not sure if that's best. We have a graco safeseat for the infant stage...
Old 06-17-2007, 11:21 AM   #3
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

someone had mentioned in one of my threads that Britax do not fit infants well. I have always used some type of infant car seat carrier but we have decided this time to go with an infant friendly convertable and wear the baby when not in the van... since we always carry our babies anyways even if we have an infant carrier car seat LOL

let me pull my post and see the 3 that were recommended to me
Old 06-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #4
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK this was posted to me by Papooses...

Britaxes rarely fit newborns properly Safety 1st Uptown, Sunshine Kids Radian & the new Evenflo Triumph Advance fit newborns well -- Radian tethers RF but may not fit your vehicle as easily as the others ... Triumph Advance keeps kids harnessed almost as long as the Radian & is super easy to use ... Uptown is the least expensive & lightest weight, but has the lowest limits.

the Triumph she said comes out in about 2 or 3 weeks... it is brand new.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:53 AM   #5
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrab View Post

Britaxes rarely fit newborns properly Safety 1st Uptown, Sunshine Kids Radian & the new Evenflo Triumph Advance fit newborns well -- Radian tethers RF but may not fit your vehicle as easily as the others ... Triumph Advance keeps kids harnessed almost as long as the Radian & is super easy to use ... Uptown is the least expensive & lightest weight, but has the lowest limits.
She was talking about the britax convertibles Not the Companion (which is their infant seat)

If you are looking for a bucket seat we love our Companion. We used it for DD and DS#2.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #6
heidisue
seller
seller

My Mood:

Graco Snugride for infants Britax for the next size up.
heidisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:04 PM   #7
Infinity
Registered Users
Formerly: five-littlemonkeys
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

the Triumph she said comes out in about 2 or 3 weeks... it is brand new.
See it must be opinion because I’ve put our twins and Asterix in Britax SIP convertibles and they fit great. I don’t get why people are always saying infants don’t fit in them. The twins where 5lb 19in skinny tinny preemies and Asterix was a 7lbs 20in chunk. We LOVED our Britax Wizards and Boulevard for our infants!!!

Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:25 AM   #8
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

We looked at some of the "convertible" seats and decided that it just didn't look like it would give Sophia the support and recline we feel comfortable with. Her Graco Snugride just showed up yesterday. I guess I'd rather have the infant seat (I don't like taking a sleeping baby from a car seat because I *always* wake them up).
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:28 AM   #9
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrferr View Post
We looked at some of the "convertible" seats and decided that it just didn't look like it would give Sophia the support and recline we feel comfortable with. Her Graco Snugride just showed up yesterday. I guess I'd rather have the infant seat (I don't like taking a sleeping baby from a car seat because I *always* wake them up).
do you leave the baby in the seat to sleep when not in the car? they now say it is a cause of sids.... I never let my babys sleep in a car seat... I had a friend years and years ago that let her daughter practically live in a car seat carrier NOT saying you do that, just saying that is one of the reasons I never left mine in one.... such sad memories.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:32 AM   #10
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
do you leave the baby in the seat to sleep when not in the car? they now say it is a cause of sids.... I never let my babys sleep in a car seat... I had a friend years and years ago that let her daughter practically live in a car seat carrier NOT saying you do that, just saying that is one of the reasons I never left mine in one.... such sad memories.
If the kid falls asleep in the seat I'll leave her there. I have a 2 1/2 year old who did that many a-times as an infant and she's fine. She's dumping Kix out all over my livingroom as I type.

Honestly I think SIDS is one of those crappy blanket terms for infant death. It's used as a scare tactic and I think it's sick.

Last edited by ferrferr; 06-17-2007 at 11:34 AM.
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote