Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Red face QUIT TATTLING

Ok I babysit a 18m old and a 6 1/2 yr old plus I have ds thats 25m....and OMG its the 6yr olds duty to tattle on ds for ANYTHING he does, and than tell on her sister for certain things...QUIT THEY ARE LITTLE,and on top of it QUIT telling ME (the babysitter) how to raise MY CHILD you are 6yrs old NOT old enough to parent

Just had to scream because if she tells on either 1 of them for something again shes taking a nap today
Old 06-20-2007, 12:28 PM   #2
mom2riley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: QUIT TATTLING

Tell me about it. I watch a 5 yr old that tattles all day long
Leilani '10
mom2riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

when I was growing up, unless it was a life and death issue, the tattler got double whatever they were hoping their victim would get.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by togg_mama View Post
when I was growing up, unless it was a life and death issue, the tattler got double whatever they were hoping their victim would get.
no kidding!!! I do that with my kids and the neighborhood kids learned very recently that I don't tolerate tattling. My oldest did something to a kid (trust me, after MUCH provoking from the other kid so the other kid was just utterly SHOCKED that my DD finally did something- and it wasn't even harmful) and I had a group come to tattle on her. Well, when the dust finally settled, one of them pipes up with "So what's going to happen to her (my DD)?" and I just laughed. Lots of eyebrows shot up with "Nothing, she already apologized. The question I have for you is what will I do with all of YOU for tattling on her, wasting MY time from running MY household because YOU are angry that she did something to you because after her telling you four times to stop what you were doing, she finally grabbed your arm to tell you forcefully to stop. Sounds like to me you should have listened.... OH! And it was over stupid pine straw! We live with pine trees for miles, go find another tree and start solving your own problems! Unless a bone is broken or someone is bleeding, don't bother me with this trivial junk again, ya understand?" And I walked in the house, leaving six girls just standing there with their mouth open on the ground.

Yeup.. .I don't put up with tattling.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:51 PM   #5
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by togg_mama View Post

maybe thats what i need to do...i have a 12yo and an 8yo who are constanly and then the 12yothinks HE is mr.mom when in fact he can barely deal with himself!!

Grahambaby4 has a great suggestion.

Last edited by mama23boys; 06-20-2007 at 07:52 PM.
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:17 PM   #6
marcia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama23boys View Post
maybe thats what i need to do...i have a 12yo and an 8yo who are constanly and then the 12yothinks HE is mr.mom when in fact he can barely deal with himself!!

Grahambaby4 has a great suggestion.

i was about to post the same thing. only my oldest is 10 and thinks he is mr.mom. he now has my 7 yr old and 5 yr old tattling every little thing because he tells on them. it is a constant circle. even when i do do the tattler gets in more trouble, still doesn't stop.
marcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:02 PM   #7
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am so glad to see that shes normal (which I knew ) but its still drives me INSANE...and my parents were the same way, unless someone was doing something to danger theirselves or others do NOT come telling on them. which is why I told her if she tells 1 more time she has to lay down when the other 2 take a nap....

We are working on potty training ds (not pushing it but if he fights his diaper I let him run for a bit) well last week he got up and had to pee, so he went running for his bathroom (our main bathroom but dh and I don't usually use it, we use the 1 in our room) and the 6yr odl was in there, WELL ds peed on the floor and than went to play and accidentally peed on the floor a 2nd timeand she told me that I NEED to put him in time out....than he did something else and she told me that HE NEEDED time out...Im the MOM and the sitter not you
Old 06-20-2007, 03:47 PM   #8
eirbjorn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son is like this a lot ~ the tattling is beginning to wear off some, but his personality is so... anal, I guess? If things are at all done differently other than what he believes to be the correct way, he has such a difficult time dealing... so he is constantly parenting his younger sister, telling her what to do, saying what she's doing wrong, etc, etc, etc,.... drives us all nuts... but not a whole lot that can be done, he'll realize in time that that isn't how it goes. With more exposure to "real life" he learns that there is more than one way to behave or do things.
I'd just smile and say, "that's now how we do it here" or "I only listen to nice words about others" or something like that. It is amazing at how quickly it becomes boring when nothing actually happens.

At least, that is what works with DD... DS, still hoping he'll figure it out eventually.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:43 PM   #9
luvmykiddoes
COOP HOSTESS
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I don't babysit for that reason and a few others. It drives me crazy. Last summer I babysat the neighbors girl and all she did was complain about the toys we have or don't have and tell on Caleb constantly. She also would shut the doors and sit behind them because she didn't want Caleb to play with them. Such a brat. They asked me to do it agian this year but I said no.

luvmykiddoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:51 PM   #10
marymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my dd will be 7 in August and tattles on her 17 mo sister ALL the time!!! so annoying!!!