Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Real quick - owners of newer Impalas

Hi - quick question - can you fit two carseats and one person in your backseats? If so, what size person?

My husband's parents are in some financial trouble and we want to help them out - they have a newer Impala that they're paying on and we have an older cavalier that's paid off, and we need a larger car, so we were thinking about offering to trade vehicles and assume their payments. I wanted to get info on how roomy the backseats are before we make the offer, though.

Thanks!
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:
Re: Real quick - owners of newer Impalas

We have a 2003 Impala. I have a car seat on each side. I can sit in between them. It wouldn't be comfortable to do all the time or for any big distance, but it's okay for sometimes.
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:30 PM   #3
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonsMommy View Post
We have a 2003 Impala. I have a car seat on each side. I can sit in between them. It wouldn't be comfortable to do all the time or for any big distance, but it's okay for sometimes.
That's all I needed to know! Thanks! Believe it or not, I've *never* owned a full-size car, and neither have my parents, so I have no clue how big they really are inside.
Thanks again!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:38 PM   #4
my4blessings
Registered Users
Formerly: my3kiddos
seller

My Mood:

We have 2002 Impala. We have never had 2 carseats and an adult back there, but we do have 3 carseats in the back and they are not squished. But we have also had 3 adults in the front seat (we have the bench seat) when my mom came to visit. Not extremely comfortable, but it was doable! HTH!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:41 PM   #5
liztiara84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dh sells Chevys, and he said you could no problem. In fact, he wants to trade in my Cobalt for an Impala, because I can't fit in the backseat of the Cobalt with both carseats... and I need to be able to do that to nurse the baby on road trips!
Mom to DD#1 (12/05), DD#2 (5/07), DS (6/09), and DD#3 (4/11)
liztiara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:55 PM   #6
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oooh, I don't know if the front seat is a bench or 2 buckets - knowing dh's mom, it's buckets, but who knows... And thanks for asking your dh! My poor dh is too tall for the cavalier - he's 6'3" and his hair brushes the ceiling. He has to drive it with the seat partially reclined and pushed as far back as possible. I would really like this deal to happen and us to get a bigger car.