Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2007, 08:50 AM   #1
9800Emily's Avatar
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,025
Recurring sinus and ear infections caused by allergies, can anyone help?

Poor dd has another sinus, double ear infection, with a possible respiratory infection. Everything starts with allergies and then escalates from there. She has been on claritin, but it doesn't completely take care of her allergies. She cannot seem to clear the drainage that the allergies cause. I'm not thrilled about having to give her a daily med either. This is her fourth sinus/double ear infection since March. I'm so tired of her having to be on antibiotics, motrin, Tylenol, claritin. There just isn't anyway that is good for her. We had a nurse visit and got new antibiotics this morning, but have an appointment with the doctor later today. IMO it is time to see a specialist about this, or do something else to prevent it from happening, but who would we see?
__________________
Emily Wife to Matt and mama to Abby 1/06 & Lilly 4/09
9800Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:55 AM   #2
babygirlsmom1005's Avatar
babygirlsmom1005
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Texas
Posts: 2,774
My Mood:
Re: Recurring sinus and ear infections caused by allergies, can anyone help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9800Emily View Post
Poor dd has another sinus, double ear infection, with a possible respiratory infection. Everything starts with allergies and then escalates from there. She has been on claritin, but it doesn't completely take care of her allergies. She cannot seem to clear the drainage that the allergies cause. I'm not thrilled about having to give her a daily med either. This is her fourth sinus/double ear infection since March. I'm so tired of her having to be on antibiotics, motrin, Tylenol, claritin. There just isn't anyway that is good for her. We had a nurse visit and got new antibiotics this morning, but have an appointment with the doctor later today. IMO it is time to see a specialist about this, or do something else to prevent it from happening, but who would we see?

A ENT??? That's the only person I could think of.....poor Abby I hope she starts to feel better!!!
__________________
Marcie wife to Mike mom to Madeline 10/2005 , Marshall 4/2009 and surprise #3 due 9/2011
babygirlsmom1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:55 AM   #3
sistersusannah's Avatar
sistersusannah
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: in a room full of orchids! :)
Posts: 1,998
My Mood:
Re: Recurring sinus and ear infections caused by allergies, can anyone help?

You might want to look into her milk/dairy consumption. And if you are nursing, into yours. I know that milk/dairy has tendancy to aggravate the mucas production in the sinuses and it could be contributing factor to your child's infections. Growing up, I had 2 sinus infec. a year, for 10 years! I then had a MW who suggested cutting out dairy to help stem the prob. I quit drinking milk and cut back on my cheese consumption and I have not had a sinus infec. in over 5 years. Who would have thunk it! Hope that helps.
__________________
Susannah, wife to my man Chad and mama to two AMAZING kiddos- Gabe and Corinne!
sistersusannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:58 AM   #4
9800Emily's Avatar
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,025
Re: Recurring sinus and ear infections caused by allergies, can anyone help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistersusannah View Post
You might want to look into her milk/dairy consumption. And if you are nursing, into yours. I know that milk/dairy has tendancy to aggravate the mucas production in the sinuses and it could be contributing factor to your child's infections. Growing up, I had 2 sinus infec. a year, for 10 years! I then had a MW who suggested cutting out dairy to help stem the prob. I quit drinking milk and cut back on my cheese consumption and I have not had a sinus infec. in over 5 years. Who would have thunk it! Hope that helps.
She is pretty much dairy free and so am I. Only a little cheese and thats just in the last few weeks.
__________________
Emily Wife to Matt and mama to Abby 1/06 & Lilly 4/09
9800Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:01 AM   #5
babygirlsmom1005's Avatar
babygirlsmom1005
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Texas
Posts: 2,774
My Mood:
Re: Recurring sinus and ear infections caused by allergies, can anyone help?


Are you going to the playdate today??
__________________
Marcie wife to Mike mom to Madeline 10/2005 , Marshall 4/2009 and surprise #3 due 9/2011
babygirlsmom1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:04 AM   #6
9800Emily's Avatar
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,025
Re: Recurring sinus and ear infections caused by allergies, can anyone help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirlsmom1005 View Post

Are you going to the playdate today??
depends, Abby went back to sleep and if she wakes up happy than yes.
__________________
Emily Wife to Matt and mama to Abby 1/06 & Lilly 4/09
9800Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:06 AM   #7
babygirlsmom1005's Avatar
babygirlsmom1005
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Texas
Posts: 2,774
My Mood:
Re: Recurring sinus and ear infections caused by allergies, can anyone help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9800Emily View Post
depends, Abby went back to sleep and if she wakes up happy than yes.
LOL - Poor Abby, best to see her as happy Abby!!!!
__________________
Marcie wife to Mike mom to Madeline 10/2005 , Marshall 4/2009 and surprise #3 due 9/2011
babygirlsmom1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:58 AM   #8
mamandeyuri
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 196
My Mood:
Re: Recurring sinus and ear infections caused by allergies, can anyone help?

I had the same problems. The likley cuprit at this age isn't seasonal allergies. I thought it was but my ds had the same things as your ds, it turned out to be food allergies. Once we eliminated the foods he has been a very healthy child. I took him to a ped. allergist, I tried benadryl and it wasn't cutting it.
Good luck! Hope your ds gets better soon..
PS, my ds had pneumonia and a "cold" all winter....
mamandeyuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.