Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2006, 08:51 AM   #1
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation Here's the scoop...

I didnt drink anything last night before bed to assure I would have good concentrated ps 1s LOL I went to bed at 10:30, woke up at 1:30 having to pee... what the heck! I went back to sleep but woke up an hour later at 2:30 painfully having to pee.... so I went I figured I would have more sleep in and would still need to pee when I woke up... so then I woke up at 6:30 needing to oee ARG!!! still have not had anything to drink for a while before even going to bed! I try to go back to sleep but by 7:10 I am in oain and NEED to pee.... so I do, and I test and it is NEGATIVE! still no sign of af, I am now on cd30... I went ahead and checked my cervix and it is high, and closed... and slightly off to the side dont get the slightly off to the side... but it isnt dead center know what I mean? it was sort of over to the side...

anyways so I look up some info on the internet, and I am not sure if anyone has heard of this before or not... because I havent... anyways it said that if you are breastfeeding you spill hcg into breastmilk which makes it not so concentrated in urine which would make your test read negative anyone breastfeeding and not get a positive right away? or anyone breastfeedign and did get a positive right away? is all that just a bunch of baloney?
Old 07-03-2006, 09:01 AM   #2
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Here's the scoop...

OK someone just told me I am not getting an accurate result unless I can go 6 hours without peeing and then test? I tried to go longer... normally my bladder can hold a dam.... I never wake up to pee during the night!! But I had to pee... I was actually in pain from trying to hold it...
Old 07-03-2006, 09:07 AM   #3
SarieQ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was breastfeeding when I tested positive. My positives always show up a couple days after a missed period. It did that time too, breastfeeding didn't seem to have any effect.

Best wishes!
SarieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:22 AM   #4
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess I will go buy another test lol
I have been using the dollar general tests... is there another test I should get? are these tests ok? and do I really need to go 6 hours without peeing!!!
Old 07-03-2006, 09:28 AM   #5
~stacy~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I am still BFing my DS (4+ times a day) and I got my + at 10 dpo (Very very faint tho). I definitely didn't pee for 6 hours or more before POAS and hadn't had much to drink. So it was pretty concentrated IYKWIM. BTW- at peeonastick.com she took a HPT with breastmilk but the HPT couldn't detect it. So I'm thinking the hcg going to the breastmilk instead is not horribly accurate.

Hang in there! Maybe it just varies from woman to woman, or even pregnancy to pregnancy, when that HcG will be high enough to detect.

GL!
Old 07-03-2006, 09:30 AM   #6
~stacy~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had good results with First Response HPT. I get them at WalMart to save a couple $. And I think you can wait 4 hours instead of 6 and be ok. Most instructions say 4 hours. But get a 2-pack (at least) so you can take a test with first mornin urine too, which is supposed to be best.

GL again!
Old 07-03-2006, 09:37 AM   #7
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

the dollar general ones dont say how long to wait before peeing, and they dont say when they are accurate... like before af, after af... but they are ony $1 they also have a $5 test, I have never bought one... wonder what the difference is
Old 07-05-2006, 04:18 AM   #8
~stacy~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I completely understand wanting to just know what's going on with your body. I hope you find out soon.

I, personally, would definitely POAS again. And I got my first positive with the dollar tree test too. So they should be fine.

Hopefully it's just taking some time for the HcG to build up. Shoot, the way you all BD'd it is likely that something has happened in that arena. I have had totally weird AF during cycles that I was ttc before. Not quite as non-existant as yours, but so very very light I thought I might be PG. I'm not sure what caused it, but I turned out not PG. I did get PG the next cycle tho. So hang in there mama, you will know your answer soon. At least you aren't stressed and full of baby fever IYKWIM.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:21 AM   #9
~stacy~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

BTW - love the new avatar. If I am remembering correctly, your baby has your eyes. It's quite striking really, seeing that it was probably months ago that your avatar actually had you in it too.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:49 AM   #10
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well she showed up early this morning :lol: I had a feeling she was on her way, just didnt think it would take so long to get here... she must have gotten lost or sonthing
My first ever 32 day cycle WOOHOOOOO

My avatar is my dc#4... it was last summer
http://www.pbase.com/akrab/image/49001255

I cant believe you remember me being in there LOL