Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
mom2mybumpy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Natural deodorant that actually works, anyone?

Ok, embarrassing question, but I have read enough to convince me that Secret & all those are unhealthy and have made the switch to natural deodorants, but phew! Can't find one that really works! I have tried Tom's, Trader Joe's and Melaleuca Naturals with unsatisfactory results. Kiss My Face Liquid Rock had promise, but I feel like I'm still looking. Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:46 PM   #2
Boxergirl
Registered Users
seller

Re: Natural deodorant that actually works, anyone?

First I'll tell you all the ones I used and ended up stinking to high heaven

Melaleuca, Jason, Tom's, Avalon organics, and even that crystal thing.... I kept using these because I wanted all natural once I got pg with dc#1. About 18 months ago I ran across an organic product line called miessence organics that are made in Australia. They actually have the world's first certified organic skin care range but also have shampoos, cosmetics, and of course, deodorant I use the Tahitian breeze and love it! No more stink - even after working out...I'm truly amazed. I actually liked the products so much that I signed up as a rep because I knew I'd go broke within a few months from ordering everything I wanted.

Here's a link about the deodorant if you're interested:

http://naturalskin.mionegroup.com/product/13302

**Nature's Sunshine Independent Distributor**
Boxergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:50 PM   #3
tatumsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the crystal. It works awesome for me and it last forever.
Jennifer: BFing, CDing, BWing, CSing SAHM, Expecting #2 in Jan 09!
tatumsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:25 AM   #4
nadjarea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use Jason right now...but I'd love to try the crystal.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:56 AM   #5
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

haven't found any deodorants that will keep me from stinking. i read somewhere on here about someone putting a pinch of baking soda in their palm with a squirt of lotion and mixing it up and putting it on your underarms. i've been using that and it really does work. just make sure you use just a pinch of baking soda or it will irritate your skin.

(i really tested this out. i have body odor bad when i don't wear deodorant... and when i do sometimes. i put the b.s. and lotion (unscented) on and a few hours later i went to help my dad work. in a 110 degree warehouse moving huge snack and drink vending machines. i was also running (litterally, must have a good bra) out in the sun and back and forth getting tools and such. i was dripping sweat (my whole body and all my clothes were soaked through) i was wearing a short sleeve cotton t shirt, thick denim jeans, the regular undergarments, thick socks and steel toed boots. we were out in the heat for about 3 hours and i still didn't stink! didn't smell at all when i got home and shed my clothes for a shower! so for me the baking soda and lotion works well. sometimes it's a pain to mix up and put on when i'm short on time, but it really only takes a minute and it's so worth it!
sandrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:05 PM   #6
keithmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have tried several, but right now I am using Natures Gate. It's not wonderful, but I have tried alot, and I haven't found anything to work as good as an antiperspent. Whatever brand I use at the time, I usually put some powder on with it, and that seems to do the trick for me. You could just see if that works before buying something new.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:11 AM   #7
mandikaake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatumsmom View Post
Old 11-23-2007, 03:53 PM   #8
micael
Registered Users

My Mood:

I didn't read through all the replies, so I have no idea if this has been said or not...

But I *highly* recommend the Crystal Thai Deoderant Mist. It's cheap, it's natural, and works fantastic! Even my fiance switched from Degree to this and he loves it.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:10 PM   #9
AngelW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use the Crystal stick, but wanted to mention that it takes time for the toxins to come out of the body if you've been using regular deoderant and are just starting to go natural. It takes about 2 months on average for the smell to really decrease. After say 6 months you won't smell anything. I mention this because so many of you think natural products don't work. They do, but you have to let your body de-tox first to give it a chance to work. I recommend not using anything for the first couple months - baking soda maybe, and daily showers. I've been using the Crystal for about three years now and I have virtually no odor unless it's like third day without a shower, which is just yucky anyhow and I try to avoid that situation. I recommend starting the switch to natural deoderant in the fall or winter when you are less likely to get overheated and sweaty from the outdoor weather. Oh yeah, one more note - I did smell myself when I was pregnant, but I think that was hormones. I could smell everything so intensely then - like cooking chicken just made me sick!

Mommy to Nicholas Ryan
Born 02-22-07
AngelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #10
mindycat72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatumsmom View Post
mindycat72 is offline   Reply With Quote