Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
sweety13
Registered Users

My Mood:
AMA Genetic screening :(

I am scheduled next Monday, but have huge reservations for multiple reasons. Last year I found out I had a missed M/C at my 1st Tri Genetic screening, at 2 days before 12 weeks. I am so nervous something could happen again, however we had a great HB at out Viability US. I will be 2 days before 12 weeks this time too. Wish me Healthy babe please. I am not even sure I even want to do the test, anyone else BTDT? Thanks mamas!
sweety13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:51 PM   #2
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: AMA Genetic screening :(

That must have been hard to find out , I'm sorry , I'm sure everything will be ok with this lil one though . I myself am not doing any of those tests , I know that God is giving me the baby we should have and I think they would just be too much stress that I don't need . If you want to do them I say go for it and good luck , if you are not sure you want to then I'm not sure what to tell you , it's really something to just sit and weigh the pro's and con's for you right now with how your feeling .

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:12 PM   #3
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

I am not sure what kind of test it is you are having, but I can tell you from personal experience that I would rather know that everything was alright than to worry my whole pregnancy over nothing. I found out at 16 wks that my first daughter had a fatal neural tube defect and I am so glad that I knew before she was born. We were able to make the best of a really difficult situation. Six months after my first daugther was born I became pregnant with my second daughter. I know you can relate to the stress I felt. I was so relieved when all the tests came back normal. I can't imagine carrying any more stress past that point. I still worried after that, but NOTHING like I did those first 16 weeks.

I say do the test (if it in non-invasive) and put your heart and mind at ease.

And hugs to you for your loss. This time will be different.
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:54 PM   #4
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

what does ama stand for? i had a my u/s for this baby with a genetics dr because i wanted to find out ahead of time if my baby will have ds or somethign else going on so i could be prepared, dd has downsyndrome and i didn't know til after she was born and she got poked so much when they were trying to draw blood, and i don't want my future babies going through what she did so i also had the afp done to find out during my pregnancy and prevent my baby from those possible prodding. my afp came back fine and it matched the u/s results that all is fine. i do think it'll be better for you to go and find out all is fine with your baby so you don't need to worry
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:10 AM   #5
sweety13
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for the support The AMA is for advanced maternal age, although I don't feel old I am really only 38, just turned too It is the AFP and U/S like you had I am doing. I guess I am just hoping for the best, and will let you know how it turns out. Thanks!
sweety13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:16 AM   #6
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

I hate that term advanced maternal age! They mentioned that to me this time too because I'm going to be 35 at the time of delivery, I'm only 34 now! I wouldn't worry about the other test. I know that everything will be fine!
and let us know how it goes.
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:25 AM   #7
divapoppins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

after my two losses i was like that too, but one thing i have learned from being pregnant with our 6th child is every pregnancy is different. I'm sure things will be just fine for you , sending you some healthy sticky baby vibes