Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2007, 07:26 AM   #1
SarieQ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So who else is OVERDUE and cranky?

I had my DD at 36 weeks after a hurricane, and I had DS one year later at 36 weeks after having problems with major preterm labour since 25 weeks. I've been dilated to 5cm for three weeks, gone into prodromal labour twice and come out of it, am now 40 weeks 3 days and dilated to 6cm. I mean, I know this will end sometime soon, but BOY AM I EXHAUSTED. When I first went into labour at 37 weeks my midwife was positive that I would probably have the baby in another day and a half. This feels like the longest pregnancy ever. Sigh.
SarieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:33 AM   #2
Daizy Nee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: So who else is OVERDUE and cranky?

I am due tomorrow but VERY ready. With my first I went in to the hospital on my due date & had her the next day. It was a couple days before the full moon. Wondering if perhaps that will happen this time. Incidentally, full moon is not til NEXT Tuesday.

Good luck mama.

Sending you E-labor vibes.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:26 AM   #3
Monzie
Registered Users

I'm due in three days and already so over it. My hips are so sore I haven't slept for more than an hour in weeks. And lately, its been feeling like I'm carrying a bowling ball around in my butt. I guess that means the baby dropped...which is a good thing...but geeeez.

My midwife estimated the kid was already around eight and a half pounds when I had my weekly appointment last Monday. I'm afraid to hear what she says when I go in today. They don't do routine internal exams at my Birth Center, so I have no idea if I'm effaced or dilated. Its probably better that I don't know...one less thing to obsess about. But, still, I'm sorta curious.

I've been predicting a "full moon baby" all along. Which means I've got at least a week more of this. Oof.

Hang in there, late Sept mommas. We're almost done!
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:50 AM   #4
kristini2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarieQ View Post
I had my DD at 36 weeks after a hurricane, and I had DS one year later at 36 weeks after having problems with major preterm labour since 25 weeks. I've been dilated to 5cm for three weeks, gone into prodromal labour twice and come out of it, am now 40 weeks 3 days and dilated to 6cm. I mean, I know this will end sometime soon, but BOY AM I EXHAUSTED. When I first went into labour at 37 weeks my midwife was positive that I would probably have the baby in another day and a half. This feels like the longest pregnancy ever. Sigh.
I'm not currently overdue, but I can soooooo relate to your post. I was there three months ago. My first was born at 38 weeks, my second at 37 weeks, my third at 41 weeks! I walked around 5-6cm dilated for a long time. I started to feel like she was never going to come. FWIW, she was by far my most mellow newborn and slept better as a newborn than my two "early" babies. My midwives thought I was going to go early too, but DD3 kept us in suspense...longest month ever, but she was so worth the wait!!

edited to add: It was my easiest labor too!

Last edited by kristini2; 09-17-2007 at 10:48 AM.
kristini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #5
h&jsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not overdue, but I sure am cranky! My DH is praying that I don't go over this time, last time was more than enough for him!
Old 09-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #6
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My EDD is tomorrow, but ds1 was born at 34wweeks so I am starting to FEEL overdue....although I am so happy to have made it this far Im not really cranky yet, but my back and ribs are KILLING me...:hug: I hope your holding your lo soon
Old 09-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #7
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope you ahve your baby soon. I bet if your water breaks you wil have a baby in an hour or 2 tops. "they" ( whoever they are) say that when you are 5 cm and 100% effeaced you are 75% done with labor, not 50. Most women go into transition at 7 cm, so you are almost there. Just think the more you dialte, before you are in labro, the easier your labor will be

Good lucK!
Old 09-17-2007, 05:28 PM   #8
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing_butt_cloth View Post
I hope you ahve your baby soon. I bet if your water breaks you wil have a baby in an hour or 2 tops. "they" ( whoever they are) say that when you are 5 cm and 100% effeaced you are 75% done with labor, not 50. Most women go into transition at 7 cm, so you are almost there. Just think the more you dialte, before you are in labro, the easier your labor will be

Good lucK!
I don't know who they are either, but from my experience I would say this is true. I started my last active labor at 7cm dilated but only 50% effaced and with an hour was totally effaced and in another hour was holding my little one.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:33 PM   #9
apmommatnt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am not PG, but I can relate too...I carried my son until 43 weeks!!! We went all natural and my midwife was not going to intervene until I went 3 weeks over my EDD...well, on week 43 exactly, my son decided he wanted to meet us! It will come hon, I know you know this...but we feel for you!
apmommatnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:29 PM   #10
Daizy Nee
Registered Users

My Mood:

SariQ - do you have an update???

Maybe you are holding your LO now