Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-26-2006, 03:13 PM   #1
Menfusse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What is your fav. cover and why?

When I first started cd'ing, I just got 1 of a bunch of covers to see what worked best. Of course, the ones I found to be the best were WAHM that no longer makes them and we are ready for a medium . Anyway, since then, I am in the same boat that I was starting out. DD is narrow hips and waist, but relativly chunky thighs compared to hips and waist. Although, she is by no means chunky in general. I just haven't found anything that wows me. I do think that I would like wool soakers, and I think I can make recycled one's myself. I just need to get to a thrift store. Anyway, mammas. Give me your favorite covers, whether it bee wool, fleec, pul...whatever...and why. I need some guidance before I go broke trying to find a cover that works for her. I have a BSWW on its way in a small, but I think she is going to be between sizes on that...sm/med. Give me your feedback.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:16 PM   #2
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Re: What is your fav. cover and why?

My tootleshells are my very favorite, but the WAHM doesn't make those anymore, so my next favorite are dancing bears bear bottoms fleece soakers. They pull on like little shorts and nothing in the world gets through them, they're awesome for day or night.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:21 PM   #3
Laniemel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am totally addicted to Wigglewormbottoms. (they need to give me a freakin tshirt or something) Amy does great work. She's got tons of ultra cute fabrics to choose from, tons of inner materials to choose from (microfleece, antipill fleece, suedecloth, velour) and you can get touchtape, aplix, or snaps. I think they fit great. They completely cover whatever diaper dd is wearing but they're not that bulky. Well, the one I have with fleece is a little bulky, but lesson learned. The rest are fantastic. I have, once they get here, 6 of them. Her prices are good and you can send her fabric to use and she takes a little of the price. I do have to say though, I've been eyeing those Jam Tots Berry Plushes....very very nice! Expensive, though.
Laniemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #4
Menfusse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveblessings
My tootleshells are my very favorite, but the WAHM doesn't make those anymore, so my next favorite are dancing bears bear bottoms fleece soakers. They pull on like little shorts and nothing in the world gets through them, they're awesome for day or night.
OMG! Those were the covers I was talking about being my favorite...Tootle shells. They fit her perfect! We only have smalls and need the medium now. But, alas, she doesn't make them anymore. If you have mediums you ever want tp part with...please let me know!
Old 07-26-2006, 04:32 PM   #5
flowerpotg
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tootleshells were my favorite too and DH threw the only one I had away by accident. I;m still mourning and that was three months ago.
flowerpotg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:56 PM   #6
Youngatheart
Registered Users
seller

I was in your shoes a month ago! My grandaughter is 17 months old, 21 lbs, and has very narrow hips for her size. After searching a few weeks, we finally tried a Bumkins...it was a perfect fit for her shape...and she wears a small. Wools work too, but our favorite non-wool covers are Bumkins. They hold a prefold (infant IPF) in place very well without added "poof" to the rear. A bonus is all the cute prints to choose from.

Hope you find the fit that works for you

Rhonda

Last edited by Youngatheart; 07-26-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Youngatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:16 PM   #7
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we found for waterproof material a bumkins small was a great in between for us. It was working great at 16lbs but was starting to get a little tight just because of where the rise was
we also like dappi pull ons and little beetle wool wrap with aplix is my favorite wool
i like the wool those because you can get it customed or make it yourself like you were talking about
Old 07-26-2006, 09:11 PM   #8
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menfusse
OMG! Those were the covers I was talking about being my favorite...Tootle shells. They fit her perfect! We only have smalls and need the medium now. But, alas, she doesn't make them anymore. If you have mediums you ever want tp part with...please let me know!
I replied to you pm earlier, but my internet went screwy on me so I don't know if it went through. I LOVE these covers, I think we should all get together and protest the discontinuation of their production and make her stay home and make them!
When Hannah outgrows hers, I will let you know, although they are already getting sooo worn out from being used so much!
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:23 PM   #9
Mom2Jack+Quinn
Registered Users

My Mood:

Has anyone who loves the tootle shells try the polar bummis...are they similar?
Old 08-01-2006, 02:35 PM   #10
luckyduckies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

maybe if one of our wahm would email her she would sale the pattern

now you have me wanting to try these
luckyduckies is offline   Reply With Quote