Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2006, 06:06 PM   #1
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:
Smile It is confirmed! My DS is small.

And you ladies thought I was kidding, eh?
We went in for his 12 month visit today and he weighs 16 lbs 4 oz and is 29 3/4 inches long. He's in the 0 % for his weight, 50th for his height.
FRT, there is nothing wrong with him, he's perfectly healthy. He's active and meeting his milestones on schedule. He's just a perfect little thin boy.

Also on another note, we didn't get the MMR and C-pox shots today and the pediatrician was perfectly OK with that and told me to give her a call when I wanted to do them. I'm happy about that.
So anyway, *that* is why I say, when I'm selling all my large diapers, that it doesn't look like my DS will ever need them!
I just wanted to share. Anyone else have a tiny baby? How big were yours at a year and how did they fare as they got older?
Have a good night!!
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:23 PM   #2
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: It is confirmed! My DS is small.

YAY!!! for the vax...
I have a tiny one too. My dd was 1 inch UNDER the growth chart from 4 months to 2 years. at her 2 year check she is now 2% for wt and 70% for height. LOL So her wt is still under 5%. at 2 1/2 years, she weghs all of 23 lbs.

It is funny how some kids growfaster than others...

The bestthing about them being skinny, is they wear their dipes longer than most babies.

Glad all went well!!
Old 07-27-2006, 06:25 PM   #3
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

my dd is small too.. she never did wear large diapers!
Old 07-27-2006, 06:34 PM   #4
Menfusse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first was tall and skinny. At 1 she was above the 95th for height, and 18 lbs. Heavier than your little guy, but she was soooo tall, she looked like a bone rack. The only thing chubby was her cheeks. There wasn't a thing wrong with her either. That was always her curve pattern. So no worries. Now she is 75th for both and has been since about 2 1/2 or 3. She was also walking at 9 months, so being so active added to it. My 8 month old isn't on the chart, but she has major allergy/tummy issues. She started out on the 25th, but has dropped off. So she is little from that. I don't think she will ever wear a large either...lol. I think the most important thing is that they don't lose weight and maintain a curve. Not which curve. Sounds like your little guy is fine and dandy.

Last edited by Menfusse; 07-27-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Menfusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:38 PM   #5
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

I have a small girly but not that small
She was 18lbs 1 oz and 28.5 inches at her 1 year appt.
She is 14 months now, and we have her 15 mo appt this coming Monday and I'd she is probably about 20ish or so lbs.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:53 PM   #6
itsmelanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My little man will be 11 mo old tomorrow and is 25.5" long and weighs 16 lbs. He's quite a bit below the chart, especially in length. My middle daughter was 15 lbs at a year (after being born 9 lb 11 oz!) and at 5 1/2 now weighs 28 lbs and is 39". She does have some health issues though. My son seems to be following in her footsteps. My oldest daughter has always been completely average in size, at her last checkup she was exactly 50% for her age in both length and weight.
itsmelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:38 PM   #7
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileysMama
And you ladies thought I was kidding, eh?
We went in for his 12 month visit today and he weighs 16 lbs 4 oz and is 29 3/4 inches long. He's in the 0 % for his weight, 50th for his height.
FRT, there is nothing wrong with him, he's perfectly healthy. He's active and meeting his milestones on schedule. He's just a perfect little thin boy.

Also on another note, we didn't get the MMR and C-pox shots today and the pediatrician was perfectly OK with that and told me to give her a call when I wanted to do them. I'm happy about that.
So anyway, *that* is why I say, when I'm selling all my large diapers, that it doesn't look like my DS will ever need them!
I just wanted to share. Anyone else have a tiny baby? How big were yours at a year and how did they fare as they got older?
Have a good night!!
You won't need em! I agree. My dd was right at that weight at her 1 year bday... she is STILL on the smallest waist snaps for FB's size Medium at 21 months. U can def sell those larges off if you ask me!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:49 AM   #8
SoftBumBaby
Registered Users

I had a tiny guy too who never got out of the 5th percentile for either height or weight until high school...at which time he shot up. He's five foot nine now...which may not seem tall to some people, but honestly, if I'd been asked when he was five, ten, twelve years old how tall he'd end up, I would have said "Five four and a hundred pounds." Sometimes they surprise ya!

Autism Every Day
SoftBumBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 08:13 AM   #9
cuties02q
Registered Users
seller
seller

Our ds is small too he was 5lbs 6oz 19inches and now at 13 months he is 17lbs.
PhotographyBlog
cuties02q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:14 AM   #10
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

Its nice to see other small boys out there, the ones I run into IRL are all huge compared to my DS.
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote