View Poll Results: Should I stay with velcro or switch back to snaps
Stay with velcro she will stop taking them off soon 7 15.91%
Switch back to snaps 12 27.27%
Just have some of both 25 56.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2006, 10:18 PM   #1
Nadmom
Registered Users
seller

Taking Off Velcro Need Advice

I started CD dd as a newborn with both snaps and velcro. For a variety of reasons I decided I hated velcro and just got snaps ... move ahead 18 months later

Changing dd became very challenging and I would get frustrated trying to get the snaps on. I decided to try some velcro and it was so much easier I started switching my stash from snaps to velcro .... move ahead 4 more months.

She is now taking off the velcro it is starting to really become a problem . And dh swears it is because the CD are uncomfortable for her and she would prefer a sposie

What would you do? Switch back to all snaps, even though I have spent the last few months rebuilding a velcro stash? I even have new velcro dipes on the way to me. Or stick with the velcro it will be a short phase and pass soon. You know I am going to start a poll.

Barefoot Books
Nadmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:24 PM   #2
Kels5kids
Registered Users
Formerly: Kels4kids
seller

My Mood:
Re: Taking Off Velcro Need Advice

DHs can be so crazy. She thinks it is fun to unfasten her diaper. Sposies use velcro too.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:27 PM   #3
tasbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I voted to stay with the velcro, but wanted to also suggest that you might find it easier to make sure she's got something on over the diaper so it's less tempting to pull the diaper off. That might help till she decides to take off all of her clothes!

Tina
tasbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:45 PM   #4
mama23boys
Banned
seller

LOL i second put something over the diaper! ds is 6months and has learned the fine art of taking off a velcro WWB cover LOL i think he likes the noise it makes
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:50 PM   #5
Nadmom
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the replies so far.

We use sposies sometimes, well dh does when I am not home and she doesn't try to take those off. But even though she can get them off it does work a little different so maybe she hasn't figured that out.

We still have some snap ones too and she doesn't try to take those off (maybe she does and I just don't realize it because she can't get them off), it makes me wonder if the velcro is rubbing on her with some of the diapers -- who knows.

Clothes would definitely help we wear just a diaper a lot these days with it being summer. She is not real fond of clothes.

I really still prefer snaps but when she is running in the opposite direction velcro sure is easier to put on.

Barefoot Books
Nadmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:12 AM   #6
singlemomto3
Registered Users
seller

thats odd that shes not taking the sposies off, do your velcro have stay dry inner, maybe she doesn't like the cloth diaper if they feel wet.
singlemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:03 AM   #7
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

weve gotten to the point he has on wool over ANYTHING, no matter what it is unless hes got o regular shorts, he takes off anything and runs away. hes totally not fond of clothes either, but the only diaper he hasnt ripped off is his new ocv inner fitted, he loooves that LOL
so well, im kinda tired of him going on the floor and THEN telling me, and with there being other people around right now who just bug him about his penis, and that makes him want to play with it more and run around up, hes stuck with shorts or a soaker on for now lol
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:29 AM   #8
shell015
Banned
seller

I have heard that is a sign that they are ready for potty training. I am a first time mom and ds is only 2 mo. but with my niece that is what we did ... She was trained in a week... But other than that I say stick with velcro and reinfore with pins for a week she'll forget they come off is they are stuck together...
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:45 AM   #9
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kels4kids
DHs can be so crazy. She thinks it is fun to unfasten her diaper. Sposies use velcro too.
I know lots of sposie kids who take off their dipes. It's just a cool new thing they've learned to do.
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:06 AM   #10
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dd is 18mos & will undo any diaper, snaps or aplix. I just try to keep a bottom on her if I notice shes trying to take the diapers off.
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote