Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2006, 11:30 PM   #1
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

Shots

dd is going for her 4 mo shots tomorrow. For those of you who are on a delayed shots schedule which ones should I get now? I looked back at my other dd's shot records and she got 5 (yes 5) at one time. I don't want to do that to Madalyn which ones should I get now? TIA!

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:39 AM   #2
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Re: Shots

I don't think I will be of much help, but I decided not to get any shots for my dd at her 4 month checkup. Dr was none too pleased, but I didn't care. I thought it was too young to get any shots, esp since she had been injected with 5 different diseases two months earlier!
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:58 AM   #3
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the info! I'm not sure if I should pass on all of them or not....our state has 42 cases of the mumps that has broke out over the past few weeks. So I don't know which shots to get now and which to avoid (or avoid all of them together) kwim?

Ginger
Old 05-01-2006, 08:50 AM   #4
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

We aren't vaccinating for anything, but here are a few links to delayed schedules

Dr. Stephanie Cave's schedule

Dr. Donald Miller's schedule

MDC Discussion on delyaed schedules
Old 05-01-2006, 01:05 PM   #5
Drummer's Wife
Registered Users

I realize you posted this yesterday but if I were you I would have cancelled the appointment until you have fully researched this issue... you can always decide to vaccinate later.

I can't help you with delayed schedules as after a yr of researching we decided not to vax at all.

As far as mumps... for one the 1st MMR dose is not given until 12-15 months so that will not be one for the 4 month visit.

Plus a huge amount of people who contracted mumps were vaccinated against it so that just proves that immunity is questionable as far as effectiveness and how long it lasts. The MMR vax is also one of the most dangerous ones, so read up on it before that 1 yr or 15 month old well baby visit.

There is a ton of info out there, I started by researching the facts about each vaccine and the diseases they are intended to prevent. Then I looked more into the vax controversy once I knew statistics. 2 sites that sealed the deal for me were the CDC (center for disease control) and VAERS (vaccine adverse event reporting system) both provided by our government BUT had I started there I would have probably came to a different conclusion as they of course promote fully vaccinating.

Good luck on this journey, no matter what you decide the most important thing is to be informed before you do anything!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 02:08 PM   #6
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

My dd's appointment is NOT until later tonight so I do have time to make a decision and I have been trying to research all of this stuff for almost 2 weeks now. Thanks for all the imput I appreciate it greatly!

Ginger
Old 05-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #7
Velvetpage
Registered Users

I have to question some of your information here.

The MMR vaccine, and all vaccines with thimerasol, were taken out of the vac roster in Sweeden some years ago (1997, I think.) The rates of autism remained EXACTLY THE SAME as in every other developed nation, regardless of the use of this chemical in vaccinations in those other nations. In Britain, up to 50% of parents in some areas refused the MMR vaccine, and the rates of autism there have also not changed. Meanwhile, cases of preventable illnesses such as mumps rose significantly in areas where there was a scare about the MMR vaccine (a scare which was based on one small, unsubstantiated study, which has since been completely discredited.) This has caused damage mostly to people who were never vaccinated - those who were, pulled through with no complications.

The Mumps vaccine, and several others including the chicken pox vaccine, are not designed to give complete immunity; they're designed to boost immunity. A vaccinated child can still get sick, especially if that child was already fighting another illness such as a cold, but they will get less sick and will get better sooner. It's bad science to claim that getting the disease proves the vaccine didn't work. Also, for every vaccinated kid who does come down with it, there will be several more who won't, thereby protecting more of the population who were not vaccinated. I chose not to take the chance that my elderly relatives would catch something potentially life-threatening from my children, even though getting the illness would not be a big deal for my kids.

I am not convinced that thimersol is a good idea, but I'm absolutely convinced that the diseases being vaccinated against are more of a risk than the thimersol. The reason modern western nations have such an incredibly low infant and child mortality rate can be credited to the massive vaccination programs of the last fifty years. Your unvaccinated children are much, much less likely to come in contact with these diseases than they ever were before - because the rest of us are vaccinating our children. In other words, you're benefitting from our decision to vaccinate.
Velvetpage is offline   Reply With Quote