Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-04-2006, 08:06 PM   #1
mommymilk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
HH...are these horrible or is it just me?

I bought a bunch of brand new HH about 3 months ago...they are HORRIBLE! I have two solids and 6 prints. The solids are better than the prints, which I have read on here, but I am not happy with them at all. I don't stuff them with the proper stuffers, I use IPF, and I have stripped these numerous times as well as using RDL regularly. I have gone back to BSWW with a IPF and am quite happy, but a little pissed that I spent $100 on diapers that are no good. The fabric on the prints is even wearing very thin. Anyone else have these issues?

I am actually thinking of contacting Happy Heinys to see if I can send them back...
mommymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
twinsmomkatie
Registered Users
seller

Re: HH...are these horrible or is it just me?

Oh, goodness, we LOVE Happy Heiny's! Are yours leaking? We stuff with a tri-folded microfiber towel, and that's pretty much all we use. I bought 1 new, fell in love, and bought the rest used from here. I think I probably have about 15-20 of them.

Definitely call the company - they will either give you advice or help out somehow, maybe?

If not, you can probably sell them on here for about 2/3 or 3/4 of their "new" sale value.

Which doesn't keep your baby's bum dry, I know, but it's not like ALL the money is wasted, KWIM? Hope something works out for you!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:29 PM   #3
mommymilk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh man! I used to use the trifold microfiber towel, then an infant prefold, now a regular premium and nothing is working. I thought they were the greatest things for about 2 weeks and now I despise having to put one on him since I know I will have to change him and his outfit in about 45 minutes.

I have motorcycles, robots and trains!
mommymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:33 PM   #4
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

wow, we love ours! I use hemp inserts wrapped with microfiber towels in them and no leaks or any problems with the fabric.

Have you put them in the dryer to seal the PUL? You are suppossed to do this about once a month with all print PUL and wash on hot everytime too! This should stop any wicking problems you have or you need to use more absorbancy because you may have a supersoaker like me!

Last edited by Sweetforestcat; 08-04-2006 at 08:41 PM.
Sweetforestcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:35 PM   #5
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

I HATED my HH's! Had so many leaking issues with them and also bought them new! They don't work for everyone and I think they're either you love them or hate them. I'm sorry they're not working for you!
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #6
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WE loved our HHs!! Even the prints! About a month after I got them though, I started having awful leaking issues & they were repelling like crazy so I stripped them with Dawn in the sink with a brush by hand & never had a problem after that.
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:38 AM   #7
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

didn't work for us either
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:19 AM   #8
Shay
Banned

I used a HH yesterday on the 5th old twins I babysat. It worked great on her. It held well.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:00 AM   #9
MaggieSqrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My theory on HHs is that they only work for babies with extremely chunky thighs. My dd has MEGA-thighs, I mean they are huge! (and so cute!). HHs are my favorite for daytime. I've never tried them at night, though. Even the prints are no problem for us. I can tell by the cut of the leg that they wouldn't work if she had "normal" or "skinny" thighs. She's just a chubby-thighed adorable chunky monkey!

I've also read this on other boards. I'd be curious to know if the people having trouble with HHs have babies with thinner thighs.

Maggie
MaggieSqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:02 AM   #10
christi2705
Registered Users
seller

I don't love my HH either. It doesn't fit right and it has always leaked! Sorry mama