Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
GrahamBaby4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
period?

oh my goodness this is my first pp af and i ache and hurt all over, dd is only 2mo old!! ugh my supply seems okay, but my question is this:
is it usually heavier or lighter than your normal period. all my other kiddos i was on micronor and didnt get af until i weaned
GrahamBaby4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:57 AM   #2
mum2James&Julia
Registered Users
Formerly: mum2James&Bean
seller

My Mood:
Re: period?

I've gotten AF back at 9 weeks with my ds and 11 weeks with my dd, and I'd say they've all been very light. It's not fair though is it? I mean, come ON... I was expecting it to be away for at least 6 months. I was still nursing about every 2 or 2.5 hours day AND night when I got it back both times

But yes, very light and not too crampy. I've always had light AFs though, so that's not new to me.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:40 AM   #3
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got AF back just three days after the end of my post-partum bleeding. It's been every 29 days since then. And it's been heavier than it was before by about two times. I think I'm not typical, tho.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:47 AM   #4
GrahamBaby4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you mamas!
I may be calling the county and asking to get put back on bc pills (which because I had my tubes tied I don't need them) if its any worse than when I was a teen, so far the aches are almost as bad which really scares me. I was hospitalized once as a teen because I was loosing way too much blood, and it was almost a "normal" period for me. I'll be watching to see what other mamas say too.

and no it certainly isn't fair! I am nursing it seems like ALL DAY LONG lol. sometimes every hour in the evening, but thankfully she is a good night sleeper, she gives me at least 5 hours straight.
GrahamBaby4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:06 AM   #5
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got mine back this time at 3 months pp. (Don't remember with my first.) It was very heavy and then my next one was pretty normal. Haven't gotten another one. Got pg instead. Some people will do ANYTHING to keep from having to deal with AF.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:07 PM   #6
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine was around 12 weeks and wasn't terrible, but rougher than I expected and have been a bit better since then. I have endometriosis and expected it to be easy, but I think because it was so soon, things were still moving around and getting back to 'normal' inside!