Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2006, 08:32 PM   #1
aliyahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

HELP! I need a 38 H bra any recommendations!

I was a 36 F before I got pregnant with my first lil' girl and after having her I found a brand new 38 H nursing bra at a consignment store - an absolute MIRACLE! It fit great and it was my main nursing bra for 10 months! So needless to say I had to throw it away in the end! I was able to find a few 40 F's to work ok after my body adjusted to the right amount of milk for my DD-she was probably about 3 or 4 months before I quit soaking everything and my body kind of adjusted- but until then the 40 F's were still too small. Can anyone help me find a bra!!! I went to try on bras at Motherhood Maternity and they only go up to F and the 40 F was too small but the 42 F way way too big. I'm having lil' girl #2 in September and I don't have one single nursing bra yet!!! I'm such a hard fit that I don't like the idea of buying one on the internet but I don't think I'm going to have a choice! So if anyone has a link that would be great!!

Oh I'm really praying someone has some advice for me!!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:47 PM   #2
suziraye
Registered Users
seller

Re: HELP! I need a 38 H bra any recommendations!

MEDELA bras are good. I went to my hospital lactation lady and she helped me find my size. you can also go to their website and find a location that sells them so you can try them on.
I have a couple I was getting ready to list one is a44F . I also have 2 medela comfort bras that are XL.
I also have a couple of other kinds. My favorite ones are from Motherhood. They are almost totally nonsupportive but they are GREAT sleeping bras.
http://www.motherhood.com/Product.as...rCategory_Id=6
I still wear it at night because my boobs are still HUGE and I havent BF in 2 months.
Wacoal bras , you get them at Dillards. They are AWESOME! Not maternity and kinda expensive but itis the BEST bra for big boobs. I heard Oprah talking about them and tried one. I went back and bought 2 more.
I have size f boobs. It makes it SOOOOO hard.
suziraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:01 PM   #3
halyled
Registered Users
seller

http://www.biggerbras.com

They have a selection of nursing (and regular) bras that come in H cup sizes. You might also look for the Bravado bras at various places...I'm using three of theirs and I like them. Their sizing is a little weird (they don't seem to have actual cup sizes, but they go from Small to X-large, and for larger figures they come in either Double Plus or Double Plus Plus, if memory serves.

http://www.bravadodesigns.com/

halyled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:04 PM   #4
aliyahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the ADVICE!!

It's a little comforting to know that I'm not the only one in the WORLD! It makes you feel like you're a freak of nature when no one carries a bra anywhere in your size!

Even when I was a size 8/10 I was a 36 F. So even if I lose my baby weight-which may NEVER EVER happen- I'll probably still need this advice. I need more supportive bras now than I did before BFing. I told my DH -when we are done with all these babies I'm probably gonna need surgery cause these things are going to be laying in my lap...lol God only knows where I got these genetics-they must have fed me alot of hormone injected chicken when I was a little girl!
Old 08-08-2006, 10:29 PM   #5
soygurl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

www.figleaves.com also has a big selection of bras in a wide range of sizes. I haven't been there in a long time, so I'm not sure if they have many nursing bras or not though...
(and yes, I too can relate. I'm a 34E and I haven't had any kids yet... )
soygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:43 PM   #6
sherbear178
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hello,
if it makes you feel any better I wear a 42 J lol. I also have a super hard time finding bras. I was a 40 g before I had dd and I never really shrank. Now I am breastfeeding ds and am still sitting at a J. I hope I dont get any bigger or I will be in big trouble. Anyways here is the link to the bras I use.http://www.biggerbras.com/fancee-fre...ra-94305.shtml I love them. I bought 3 when I had dd and I bought 3 more with ds. They are pricey buy at this size what isnt. I have a bravado around here somewhere its a double plus and it will fit size 42-46 E-G. Its white, it was too small for me and it got worn once. Let me know if you are interested and we can work something out.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:28 AM   #7
deejahd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just got in my YES! bra last week and love it. She will do a virtual fitting with you, all you have to do is send in your measurments and what stage of pregnancy/nursing you are at. They are only like 14$ on ebay (new) so it's worth the risk of it not being great, and then you could just return it. After DS stopped nursing I was down to a 34 F (hubby says f is for fantastic ) now I'm back up again and expect to be in the H cup again while I'm nursing. Anyway I love the bra, it's not that expensive...and if you really hate you can return it.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #8
AngelMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soygurl
www.figleaves.com also has a big selection of bras in a wide range of sizes. I haven't been there in a long time, so I'm not sure if they have many nursing bras or not though...
I second figleaves. I got my nursing bras there after being dissappointed by medela's bras (fell apart after just a month or two and not very supportive). I was a 36 DD before pregnancy, a month after getting pregnant, I had jumped to a 36 H, and after ds was born, it only got worse, and has not gone down!!

Figleaves has a great selection, and several of their bras are cheaper than medela. I liked the "Royce" one, I think it is called. It was very comfortable and very supportive! I also had "Jasmine" which was prettier, and more like a normal bra, yet very supportive! BOth were great nursing bras. I think I spent $60 on the two of them.

HtH!!

Laura
Mommy to Alex, 9-14-04
AngelMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:56 PM   #9
aliyahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

Oh my...what would I do without you mamas! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I'll be researching these all weekend -your advice and suggestions mean ALOT! I HATE bra shopping with a PASSION! I've told my DH "shopping for bras when your this size is AWFUL!! I have gotten jealous of smaller women who can buy a bra literally anywhere and they come in all colors and cute styles ect." But I've been over the whole cute underwear thing for a while- I'm in mommy mode now...lol. I have a two year old sleeping in between us every night and a HUGE pregnant belly...lol Something that FITS me is a dream come true now....lol Anyway, with all this great advice I feel like there IS hope in finding what I need!