Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
zosiasmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ok mama's in Europe let's check in!!

So I am not European, but from the states, Michigan to be precise. But i now live in Poland with my Polish DH and DD an another one due in April!

How about you??

Want to know about making money with ChaCha? Ask me!
I made $350 last month!Hits4Pay Want some Moola?
zosiasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #2
mommyd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ok mama's in Europe let's check in!!

Oh this is great!

I am Danielle- I am from Georgia(US) originally and Hubby is from Oregon. He joined the airforce and was stationed in Georgia where we met. We got married and then moved to our new base in Germany. We have a 7wk old DD named Ella
Old 01-11-2008, 07:14 AM   #3
Emma S
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is excellent - our own little 'rest of the world' corner!

I am Emma, WAHM to Jasmine, 7 and Jack who is 2 in April (gulp!)

I am just inland from the South East coast of England. I am a medical herbalist, and make cloth nappies and wool covers and other stuff ...

Hi !!!

xx

www.thehollowoak.co.uk
www.hyenacart.com/thehollowoak
Emma S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:50 AM   #4
tonileg
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi! I'd be glad to meet up with some DS mamas! I'm in Lyon, France but I get around with the Archaeology thing I'm all over Western Europe!
I have 2 LOs and We're throwing around the idea for another addition to our family

I have an cloth diaper exchange club here in the city with a bunch of French mamas (about once a month) But I end up selling alot of my diapers on Ebay.

I started making organic bamboo velour or cotton embellished Prefolds (with snaps!) for my son and I LOVE them.

My favorite diaper is Clovers with a pair of wool longies but I'll admit that we got alot of FB, GAD and Blueberry Minky around the house too

I'm ready to talk diapers when ever you like I'm addicted!!
tonileg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:04 AM   #5
derexie
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi,

I was just wondering as you make your own cloth diapers in Europe, how do you get your fabrics??? I get some from yahoo groups in America but am moving to Europe soon and wonder how will I manage there!!! HELP!!! It just feels funny to let it be shipped from US Thanks a lot!

Terezie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonileg View Post
Hi! I'd be glad to meet up with some DS mamas! I'm in Lyon, France but I get around with the Archaeology thing I'm all over Western Europe!
I have 2 LOs and We're throwing around the idea for another addition to our family

I have an cloth diaper exchange club here in the city with a bunch of French mamas (about once a month) But I end up selling alot of my diapers on Ebay.

I started making organic bamboo velour or cotton embellished Prefolds (with snaps!) for my son and I LOVE them.

My favorite diaper is Clovers with a pair of wool longies but I'll admit that we got alot of FB, GAD and Blueberry Minky around the house too

I'm ready to talk diapers when ever you like I'm addicted!!
derexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:34 AM   #6
autumnfairy76
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by derexie View Post
Hi,

I was just wondering as you make your own cloth diapers in Europe, how do you get your fabrics??? I get some from yahoo groups in America but am moving to Europe soon and wonder how will I manage there!!! HELP!!! It just feels funny to let it be shipped from US Thanks a lot!

Terezie
Hi derexie,
I get everything except thread online as all the fabric stores in Italy and France that I have seen are not so great. I get a few things from the states from very baby, diapercuts, and a cut above fabrics, but i also just got some fold over elastic from the sewing chest site in the UK. Shipping does get expensive, so I recommend bringing a big stash with you when you come. or have friends/family bring your orders when they visit. You can also try the ebay site for your country or a nearby country like the UK.

To everyone else:
Hello!!
I just wanted to introduce myself to this thread.
I'm also in Lyon, France. My french husband and I just moved here after almost 2 years in Italy. We're expecting our first anyday now and I am sewing and building up a cloth stash. I'm addicted already!
autumnfairy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:01 AM   #7
BouncyBottomsInc
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by derexie View Post
Hi,

Terezie
Hi! I do make and sell cloth diapers right from Europe. I buy 75% of my fabric offline from the US bc its cheaper. When its shipped from the US, I get it shipped priority. Most places can ship 8-12 yds of cotton in a INT.FRE for $12.95. You can get 25+yds of any material (except terry and fleece) in a FRB for about $40. I buy all of my terry material here,its the only one that works out that even. You will find with the US pricing, plus shipping is cheaper than paying for the fabric in euros in europe. As least it is in Finland, things in Scandanavia tend to be super expensive though.

Any mamas looking for cloth diapers at low prices, I have some(starting at $7.50)! My website offers free shipping worldwide, so that helps european mamas. bouncybottomsinc.goods.officelive.com
BouncyBottomsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:06 PM   #8
Jamie
Registered Users

I'm originally from Missouri, my husband is from Texas, we met and got married in Georgia, and now we live in Germany. Fun stuff!
Old 01-16-2008, 01:02 AM   #9
gray2402
Registered Users

I am in Huntingdon UK about 1 hour north of London. We are military (army) stationed here. Originally from NY and spent 5 years in Atlanta. Will be here until 2010 ... we have one DD (3 1/2) and one DS (2 1/2 months) ... Hi
Old 01-16-2008, 03:41 AM   #10
angeldelight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Helloo im from North West England and have two lo's :-)
angeldelight is offline   Reply With Quote