Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
rotty
Registered Users
seller

Good Sam / Edwards Hospital

Anyone in here give birth at Good Samaritan Hosp in Downers Grove or Edward in Naperville?

I had 2 at Edwards. The first experience was AWESOME. The second SUCKED~~the nurses were horrible, the noise was horrible, it was terribly, terribly busy, and my day nurse was a complete jerk. Food was horrible second time around, good the first.

If I have a 3rd I'm thinking Good Sam? Anyone have thoughts?

I'm also in the market for a new ob that takes HMO in the Advocate/Good Sam group.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
jesshb
Registered Users
seller

Re: Good Sam / Edwards Hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotty View Post
Anyone in here give birth at Good Samaritan Hosp in Downers Grove or Edward in Naperville?

I had 2 at Edwards. The first experience was AWESOME. The second SUCKED~~the nurses were horrible, the noise was horrible, it was terribly, terribly busy, and my day nurse was a complete jerk. Food was horrible second time around, good the first.

If I have a 3rd I'm thinking Good Sam? Anyone have thoughts?

I'm also in the market for a new ob that takes HMO in the Advocate/Good Sam group.
Hey mama!
I didn't have my LOs at Good Sam but I did a chaplaincy internship there 2 years ago. I know that they recently remodeled the birth floor. You have private rooms, there is a full NICU if any problems should arise. I don't have much experience with the normal pregnancies there (such was the life of a chaplain intern) but I did have the opportunity to visit with some moms that requested a Chaplain and they seemed to have very happy experiences. In fact my supervisor's sister decided to have her second baby at Good Sam because she had a bad experience at another hospital in the area.

Good Sam is not as "plush" as Edwards but I was really impressed with the staff there overall. And if you'd like a visit from the chaplaincy staff, they love to visit with healthy, happy patients

Hope you're able to find a new OB soon!
Old 01-15-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
rotty
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesshb View Post
Good Sam is not as "plush" as Edwards but I was really impressed with the staff there overall.
It was dirty, dusty, all the elevators were broken in August...ick. And man was it loud. Construction I guess.

I only stayed one night I couldn't stand it.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #4
lotusblossom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Rotty!

I had my DS at Good Sam less than a year ago. The staff was very accomodating and friendly. The rooms were nice and I really don't have any complaints as far as a hospital stay goes .

If you have any questions, let me know!
lotusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote