Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2006, 07:11 PM   #1
ecoria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
hylands teething tablets ???

what the hell is in this stuff???? everytime i give ds (4mo) this (2 tabs) he passes out within like 15 minutes. he never sleeps this much.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:15 PM   #2
AngelMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: hylands teething tablets ???

Whatever it is, it works wonders. We used them fanatically with DS until we realized they were housed in lactose, and DS has issues with dairy products (I knew he couldn't have that many teething diapes!!) He used to ask for "teethers" because he knew they made him feel better (he only asked when he needed them, and would refuse them when he didn't). Wonderous little things!!
Old 08-25-2006, 07:16 PM   #3
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

It is a homopathic way to help babies with teething and I swear by it! Noah gets very very little meds but this is something I must have in my diaper bag at ALL times it has natural herbs in it that help baby get through the hard times with teething.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:28 PM   #4
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahs_mommie
It is a homopathic way to help babies with teething and I swear by it! Noah gets very very little meds but this is something I must have in my diaper bag at ALL times it has natural herbs in it that help baby get through the hard times with teething.

If you want actual ingredients, I can pull from the sight for you. It's all natural & safe. I know the warning on the label actually says that DC may fall asleep soon after getting them b/c it soothes their teeth & then they are able to sleep/relax finally.

They even work on my toddler for his molars!
Old 08-25-2006, 07:42 PM   #5
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

I just got my hylands catolog in the mail today. They've got the most AWESOME stuff for babies, kiddos, and adults!!

They've even got a bedwetting tablet!!
Old 08-25-2006, 07:55 PM   #6
rxmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's a homeopathic remedy that I would NEVER give to my child. They contain belladonna and there are no regulations on herbal medications - no controls on quality or safety. Belladonna is a poison. Natural does NOT immediately equal safe!
Annie, pharmacist mommy to Olivia 8/04, Evelyn 3/06, angel baby #3 10/08, Sophia 1/10 and Isaac 6/12
rxmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 08:12 PM   #7
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmommy
It's a homeopathic remedy that I would NEVER give to my child. They contain belladonna and there are no regulations on herbal medications - no controls on quality or safety. Belladonna is a poison. Natural does NOT immediately equal safe!
I've researched this & yes, belladonna is toxic in it's pure form (as are other plants, herbs, etc) but in Hyland's & other products, it's dilluted over & over & used in itsy teeny doses.

Anyway, like other products both found in nature & in labs that people take, some things that are lethal in pure form or large doses are helpful in dilluted forms or other combinations.

That being said, I'm not trying to "start" something... just helping expand on what you said so people don't suddenly think Hyland's sells poisions for kids.

Belladonna can be used for fever/inflamation (again, at the correct dillution & dose).

All mammas should make their own informed decisions that's right for them though

This goes for lots of companies - homeopathic or not.

Last edited by CMamma; 08-25-2006 at 08:15 PM.
CMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 08:14 PM   #8
tatumsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am interested to hear more about these. Are these the same as humphrey's homeopathic teething tablets? I bought some, but have not tried them...the directions say to disolve them in water..does that sound right?
Jennifer: BFing, CDing, BWing, CSing SAHM, Expecting #2 in Jan 09!
tatumsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:51 AM   #9
skayers01
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmommy
That what homeopaths are... very diluted quantities of natural plants and stuff that are poisonous. They work by making your body kick up it's own defense system. Check out this site that explains it a little better: http://www.abchomeopathy.com/homeopathy.htm