Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2008, 08:33 AM   #1
candlepledge
Registered Users

sleeping 8hours

My little guy is 3 month old. he had been sleeping about 5-6 hours pretty cocsistently for the past month. now this weekend he has slept 7-8 hours.
I am worried about my supply decreasing so i have been pumping in the middle of the night. otherwise i am extremelt engorged and a leaking mess.
i am just nervous he is sleeping to long, when he was a newborn i had towake him every 2.5 hours to nurse. is ths normal? it seems like other babies that are breast feed still nurse at night?
TIA
Marie and alexander
candlepledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
wendellg
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: sleeping 8hours

My lil guy is 9 weeks old and slept for 5 hours straight last night. I'm not too worried about supply issues, he nurses ALOT during the day.
wendellg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
proudmama4
Registered Users
Formerly: jke**y
seller

My Mood:

Oh the double sword of a good nights sleep!!

My son (2.5 months) has been a great sleeper since week 3, and I have had NO problems w/ supply. I do not get up to pump. After 7 or 8 hours of sleep, I wake up engorged and leaking everywhere! During the day just make sure to feed your LO regularly. Our night time ritual is a 2 hour marathon nursing session which helps him "stock up" and helps me get empty for the long night.

Good luck! You're doing great!

Last edited by proudmama4; 03-31-2008 at 09:34 AM.
proudmama4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:35 AM   #4
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my oldest started sleeping through the night at about 4.5 months old and had been sleeping 6-7 before that regularly for at least a month - actually at birth he slept three sets of 4/ 4.5 hrs
i never had supply issuses but when they switch their sleep patterns i did wake up engorged and leaking too - but i was happy for the sleep

number two still doesnt sleep perfectly but typically sleeps 10 hrs at night without waking to nurse until the am - at 3 months old though he wasnt sleeping that well - he woke up typically at about 2 if i remember correctly after going to be about 9 or 10 and then again at 5 or 6 in the am before getting up at maybe 9 ish .....

i wouldnt get up to pump - your body will adjust in a few days and enjoy the sleep
Old 03-31-2008, 09:39 AM   #5
Momma2B
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm jealous!! DD is 3mo and the longest she has gone is 4.5 hrs - and I can count the occurances on 1 hand! she is sick now so I'm not going to try and spread out her feedings...
Old 03-31-2008, 10:33 AM   #6
sienna
Registered Users

You don't need to worry, and you don't need to wake the baby. You don't even need to wake a newborn, technically, as long as the newborn is feeding and gaining well.

Enjoy it. IT may not last!
sienna is offline   Reply With Quote