Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2006, 06:35 AM   #1
Teresa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Can't find clothes to go over diapers!

I'm having the hardest time finding clothes that will fit my 14-month-old cloth diapered daughter. We've increased the number of dresses she wears, so that helps some. The biggest issue is with pants. If a pair fit her in the waist, they are really long.

I know I can't be the only one with this problem. What does everyone else do?
Old 09-08-2006, 06:46 AM   #2
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can't find clothes to go over diapers!

I have found that for the most part AIO's fit best under pants for our DD. But I can also get pants that are 1 size bigger than her normal size to fit fine over a snappi'd Bikini twisted PF and a bummi's SWW cover.

Most of the time when we are around the house she doesn't really wear jeans or anything so I just throw on a pair of sweat pants or none at all. It's really only when we go out that we need to find something that works.

Also longies are wonderful for pants that fit over cloth and they are cute so they can be worn out to.

I am going to get some Daisy Doodles because I have heard those are sooo trim and fit under jeans and DD has a lot of cute jeans that she HAS to wear.

So ya with our DD I just go one size bigger and everything fits, but with our DD I can do that because she is really tall but skinny so my problem is that the waist is then too big but length is fine. LOL but the cloth diaper takes care of needed bulk in the waist.

I say try the cheapest stretchy pants you can find. I think it's all trial and error also some brands are bigger than others so maybe that might help.

Sorry I'm not much help.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:51 AM   #3
Hillbilly Bunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

What are you using under those pants?

We use super trim AIOs like PP, BB, and my own AIOs. We can use Swaddlebees AIOs in most pants, but they are alittle bulkier
Old 09-08-2006, 06:58 AM   #4
deeannielannie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We like fluffy fitteds here, so my dd's got a pretty big diaper booty. I usually get bigger sized pants and roll them up or hem them. Another thing that works really well is long shirts or short dresses with larger size bloomers underneath or a onesie, and when it's chilly, also babylegs.

It's not perfect....but we make it work.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:12 AM   #5
My2punkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure what size your dd wears, but my dd is 7 mos and in size 12 mos for most things.. I found this pair of stretchy pants at JCPenney in person and had to order several more online (cut and paste into your browser):
http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=327&CatID=34222&CatTyp=DEP&It emTyp=C&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=0f27923&ProdSeq=9&Cat=bo ttoms&Dep=Kids%27&PCat=Infant+Girls&PCatID=31749&R efPage=ProductList&Sale=&ProdCount=31&RecPtr=&Show Menu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&RefPageName=CategoryAll.aspx& RefCatID=31749&RefDeptID=327&Page=2&CmCatId=327|28 384|31749|34222
You cant see it but there are cute ruffles on the back of them and they don't fit tight like leggings but more loosely like sweats. I love 'em over her CDs and don't mind that she wears them all the time (we have 3 or 4 different colors on the way to us). I love the cuteness of infant/toddler jeans but to me they seem so uncomfortable so we opt for cute overalls instead. I'm always rolling stuff up at the cuffs
Old 09-08-2006, 08:34 AM   #6
bsydprmkn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we were sweatpants, stretchy pants, and lots of dresses if its warm enough.