Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2006, 10:03 PM   #1
greeneyedambe
Registered Users
Formerly: comfycozydiapers
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Lump in breast...suspicious...

Hi all! I have noticed a lump in my breast over the past few weeks. It is on my right breast kinda on the outer upper edge where my breast connects with my chest. I have shrugged it off as backed up milk b/c ds has always preferred the other side much more but now I am getting worried. When I massage it or squeeze it, I get out some milk. It doesn't hurt until I start messing with it. I massage it while ds is nursing but it never seems to go completely away. It is not noticable all the time but definately more sometimes than others?!? Any input/advice is needed. I am not sure what is going on with it but am starting to get worried. I am only 23 and would think that my chances of breast cancer would be pretty slim seeing as how there is no family history. Please help me!

Thanks in Advance!
Amber
Old 09-08-2006, 10:12 PM   #2
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Re: Lump in breast...suspicious...

I just wanted to let you know that if it was something to worry about (not that it isn't now) it would not HURT. at least that is whst i have been told over and over. but get it checked. also how old is your bfing child? don't let him choose which side he bf's from I did and learnd that ds had torticollis.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #3
greeneyedambe
Registered Users
Formerly: comfycozydiapers
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahs_mommie
also how old is your bfing child? don't let him choose which side he bf's from I did and learnd that ds had torticollis.
My ds is 9 months old. I don't let him choose which side to nurse from ever. I just meant that he tends to want to go for that breast first. If I have to I trick him and hold him like he is nursing on the left side but slip the right 'boo' in his mouth. LOL. What is torticollis?

BTW, I am in North Carolina too!

Last edited by greeneyedambe; 09-08-2006 at 10:34 PM.
greeneyedambe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #4
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It could be a number of things including a galactoceles (milk-filled cysts) but you should really get it checked out to be sure. I am not saying its cancer but people even younger than 23 get breast cancer.
Good Luck.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:34 PM   #5
punkmama3
Registered Users

It could be a milk cyst, or in my case it was actually an absessed hair folicle. I have to have the spot removed surgically, which sucks, but I'm hoping it won't happen again.
I say get it checked out. I had someone tell me mine was a milk cyst, and obviously, it wasn't. For your own peice of mind, ask your doc

Old DS feedback here: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...p?topic=2838.0
punkmama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 05:50 PM   #6
Zan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree that you should get it checked out b/c your concerned about it, you're not sure what it is and your experiencing pain/discomfort.

Keep us posted!

Zan is offline   Reply With Quote