Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
my dd will only sleep in her sling

she was up for 6hours this morning and just now went to sleep...she was waking up as soon as i laid her down!!!i got tired of holding her, so i put her in her sling and she fell right asleep...should i try putting her in her bassinett? she is 5weeks old and we cosleep, but i would like her to be able to sleep there during the day so i can get some stuff done...any ideas???
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:06 PM   #2
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: my dd will only sleep in her sling

Have you tried laying on the bed with her for a while and then sneaking away? My kids go through phases where this is the only thing that works (unless I want to hold them through their whole nap). My 8mo is actually going through such a stage right now - it's hard cause I have to check on her all the time to make sure she doesn't wake up and crawl off the bed.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:12 PM   #3
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChurchPunkMom
Have you tried laying on the bed with her for a while and then sneaking away? My kids go through phases where this is the only thing that works (unless I want to hold them through their whole nap). My 8mo is actually going through such a stage right now - it's hard cause I have to check on her all the time to make sure she doesn't wake up and crawl off the bed.
Yep that is what I always did too. Also use a recieving blanket when you nurse...sorry, assuming your nurse,....and then your scent will be on it, when you move away put the blankie up by her face...maybe lay it under her or something before you move away and she will still smell you.

GL mama!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:14 PM   #4
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ive tried both of those and even laying her down still inside the sling...i think its partly gas waking her up-yes i EBF...
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
Old 09-13-2006, 01:14 PM   #5
MistyP
Registered Users
seller

My DD is a week younger than yours, she has reflux that wakes her up. She also spits up alot after feedings. Unfortunately sometimes she does this too I have found that if the falls asleep in the sling, I can put her into the swing and tuck a blanket around her. Sometimes I have to pat her to get her back to sleep and if she is really sleep deprived (being up for 6 hrs would be!) then I will turn the swing on for a little while (it is a cradle swing that goes side to side) and that will help her sleep.

We also bought a sound machine that we use at night and for her naps.

As far as the gas, is she getting too much fore milk? Only eating small amounts from each breast? That is the lactose rich milk and that may cause the gas. I have been trying to only feed DD on one side for 2-3 hrs and then switch to the other side so she will get more of the hindmilk and it has seemed to help a little.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:29 PM   #6
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nope she eats one side per feeding, usually 30-45 minutes...she has reflux tooo but i always wait at least 30 minutes after she eats to lay her down and dont have many spit ups anymore...dont have a swing...will have to borrow one and see if that works...thanks
Old 09-14-2006, 06:57 AM   #7
cuties02q
Registered Users
seller
seller

My dd only took her naps in a sling i would try to lay her down an she would wake up i wasted so much time trying to lay her down that i finally gave up and just let her sleep in a sling. Ds would usually rather be put down sometimes that is great but that also means we have to be home for his naps. So after having one of each i don't know which i prefer We do have an Amby bed for ds and i think that is the difference he loves it!! Good luch mama
PhotographyBlog
cuties02q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:16 AM   #8
hauser
Registered Users
seller

You so need an amby! Those work wonders!! Great for reflux too. They are semi upright, so no need to be up all night holding baby. LOVED it for ds1, but sadly due to his medical condition ds2 couldn't use his! If you buy one from their store online you can save money and just buy the sling portion and attach it SECURLY to the celing. My friend did that.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:53 AM   #9
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You so need an amby! Those work wonders!! Great for reflux too. They are semi upright, so no need to be up all night holding baby. LOVED it for ds1, but sadly due to his medical condition ds2 couldn't use his! If you buy one from their store online you can save money and just buy the sling portion and attach it SECURLY to the celing. My friend did that.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:03 AM   #10
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

will she stay asleep in the sling? For the longest time I had to take the sling off and arrange it around Taci so she wouldn't get it up near her face. That way I could lay her down in the sling after she had fallen asleep.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote