Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
is she weaned??

I've got a 19 month old pretty much doing the don't offer don't refuse. She hasn't asked in a few days.. I didn't really want to wean her.. is she ready or am I just pushing it with her?? I was thinking I would tandem nurse...

also fyi man it HURTS now that I'm pg so it's hard to know what to do
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:35 PM   #2
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: is she weaned??

any thoughts?? (please!)
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #3
valpopp
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think she is naturally weaning, don't worry. I heard that the milk starts to taste different at some point and thats when alot of babies wean. I know what ya mean with the soreness--ouch!! Its like starting over
Old 05-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #4
shaundap
Registered Users

Two of my dds weaned exactly the same way...and I cried each time. I wasn't ready but apparently they were. Milk does change in taste/volume during pregnancy.
If you were really set on nursing for longer, tandeming you could offer ... or you could wait until after the baby is born when the special difficulties of pregnancy are gone and see if she wants to start nursing again. I never did w/ mine but I know others who have gone back to nursing after several months off.
shaundap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:18 PM   #5
lotsa_girls
Registered Users
seller

My DD self weaned at 15 months when I got preggo. She obviously knew something was up before I did, b/c the week before I found out I was preggers she lost all interest in BFing.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:44 PM   #6
blessedmamaX2
Banned

My Mood:

mama we are in the same exact spot! My DD is 19 months I'm 23 weeks prego. This past 2 weeks or so she hasn't asked for it, and only will if I offer it to her. I was pretty sad about it. I really didn't want her to ween. I was planning on tandem nursing! BUt I felt she was naturally weening so I just didn't offer her anymore and now it has been 4 days with no nursing I have to look at it this way. I did it for 19 months so she will have those antibody's and also now I will only have to nurse one when my son comes in aug. It's hard huh!! I miss it al;ready and it's like she is growing up all of a sudden! They grow up so fast! I was so amazed at how easily she weened herself! Hope you aren't as sad as I was! Happy thoughts your way!!
blessedmamaX2 is offline   Reply With Quote