Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2006, 01:04 PM   #1
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

for mamas who take their babies to well child appointments.

do you go exactly on schedule or not? do you delay the time between appointments?

Thanks
Old 09-14-2006, 01:06 PM   #2
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:
Re: for mamas who take their babies to well child appointments.

I take my ds on time. I do vax, but he only takes 1/2 doses and then we go back a week later for the sec 1/2 dose since my ds ran a high fever at his 2 months check up!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:13 PM   #3
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leininger27
I take my ds on time. I do vax, but he only takes 1/2 doses and then we go back a week later for the sec 1/2 dose since my ds ran a high fever at his 2 months check up!

I vax too but i do not go on the exact schedule that the hosp provides. they want us to ocme in every 2 months. I go in probably every 3 months. I do not see the problem with delaying visits if my daughter is healthy. I am curious to see what other mamas do. Thanks!!

Last edited by pinkflamingos77; 09-14-2006 at 01:14 PM.
pinkflamingos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:26 PM   #4
shell015
Banned
seller

I vax and we go on time. Whatever the doc schedules is when we go. But DS has had no problems. No fever or fussiness after vaxes so far knock on wood.
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:33 PM   #5
rpg_mommy
Registered Users

We have so far, but we stopped vax'ing at 6 months and it seems dumb to go pay $20 for them to weigh and measure him, listen to his chest, and see if he's hitting milestones - all things I can do at home. I don't know if we'll go to his 1 year or not. The only reason I'd like to go is for the lead test because we live in a 90 year old house.
rpg_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:48 PM   #6
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

We go and vax on schedule. I considered delaying/stopping vaxes for my second because he had a horrid reaction to his 4mo shots..but I don't know if it was coincidence. He's been fine since and we've followed their schedule. And for well-child visits, it's 10 days, 4 weeks, 2 mo, 4mo, 6mo, 9mo, 12mo, 18mo, 2yo, 3yo, 5yo (i think). For vax, it's 2mo, 4mo, 6mo, 9mo, 12mo, and 18mo...and I'm not sure about 2yo...if I remember correctly (this is awful of me), I was under the impression that he'd get vax'd at the 2y appt...and he didn't. I have all the paperwork, so I can check...I just forget.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:52 PM   #7
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We go to "every" visit, but most of the time we go kind of late. I think his "12-month" checkup was actually more like a 13 month check-up. We do want to make sure we go though because of Bram's medical problems. Its nothing life-threatening, but we need to keep his growth, motor skills, and such in check.

Oh, and we delay and selective vax, one shot per visit. I think the pedi is expecting us to come back earlier than the 18-month visit for more vaxes (our 15 month check up was late and we refused ANY vaxes because Bram was still in pain from his hip surgery). But we're not going back until he's 18 months.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:27 PM   #8
mamaneedsanap
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are always a few months off with the well baby visit.
My son will be about 14 months when we go for his one year visit and We vax kinda on time but don't allow more than 2 shots at a time and only get inactive shots until after they are 2. I started making my appointments late cuz the dr. was getting annoying bugging me to get the MMR shot at every visit.
mamaneedsanap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:10 AM   #9
ecoria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we go on time but dont vax at all. i think its important to have a relationship with the Dr, and have her know ds when he's well.

nak
Old 09-18-2006, 07:47 AM   #10
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We go on time and full vax. He got a slight fever once but, it wasn't bad. The only vax he has not received yet is the chicken pox vax. I'm hoping he gets it's before he has to start school. Then he will have to get one by NY state rules.
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote