Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2006, 08:47 AM   #1
StaceyM
Registered Users

Home earache remedies?

I think DS has an ear infection but our doctor can't get him in until Wednesday. Does anyone have any remedies that I can give him now to help him feel better?
Old 09-23-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
Mom2Natalya
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Home earache remedies?

Hi! I don't think this will help right now, but I thought it was interesting: http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/ART00660

Hope your little one feels better soon. (on another note, I can't believe his dr can't see him until Wed!!!)
Old 09-23-2006, 09:18 AM   #3
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had the most aweful earache while I was pregnant. The only thing that seemed to help short of pain meds was a hot compress. I think that's the only thing that saved me from going to the ER.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 09:22 AM   #4
StaceyM
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Natalya
Hi! I don't think this will help right now, but I thought it was interesting: http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/ART00660

Hope your little one feels better soon. (on another note, I can't believe his dr can't see him until Wed!!!)

Thanks for the link. He's already got no milk in his diet (he's allergic to casein) but that's good to know. This is only his second one so compared to DD he's awesome!

As far as the doctor...we're military and seen within the military health care system and they are waaaaay over booked. I can't wait to move in the hopes that we'll end up in civilian care.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:22 AM   #5
*Chris~tian Mom
Registered Users

If you are BFing, you can squirt some into the ear. If that doesn't do the trick, we use this Essential Oil remedy (we warm the oil a little bit first)~

Earache/ Earinfection for Babies
Lavender 1 drop
Chamomile (German) 1 drop

Add the above to 1 teaspoon of PURE, virgin, olive oil. Mix well. Soak a cotton ball in this mixture and plug the baby’s ear with it. (I have used this on myself and it greatly relieved the pain!)

I have also heard of mashing up garlic and letting it steep in some warm Olive oil, straining and when it cools, soaking a cotton puff and making an ear plug with that. I have never tried that, though.

Good luck , Mamma!
*Chris~tian Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:56 PM   #6
CourtneyinAlaska
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mom told me about sweet oil. A few years ago when broke and without health insurance I had an earache. So I bought the sweet oil put a couple drops in my ear a couple times a day and it cleared it right up. I found the 2oz bottle at a local pharmacy for about $5 I think.

Hope your ds gets better soon!
Old 09-23-2006, 06:53 PM   #7
cuties02q
Registered Users
seller
seller

My mom and aunt swear by crushed garlic and olive oil! I used to get it in my ears all the time
PhotographyBlog
cuties02q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #8
aliks
Registered Users
seller

if you're lazy like me you can buy garlic oil that's already made up just for ear aches, some health food stores carry it. That's what I used when Tony's pedi said he had an ear infection, it cleared it up and we never neede antibiotics! Hope he gets better!
aliks is offline   Reply With Quote