Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-24-2006, 08:38 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:

My DD is 6 months old and she has been fighting off a cold but today when we got up it was bad..she is all stuffy and has a cough that sounds very broken up..No fever and she acts like nothing is wrong.i want to get ride of it before it gets to be worse..She is teething as well and i know when they are teething there bodies go through alot could teeth have caused this?whats the best thing to give her?advice is needed!Thanks
Soon to be married to my sweetie Ryan
SAHM to Makiah 3/25/06

Baby #2 Due in October...

Last edited by sweetmakiah; 10-16-2006 at 11:50 AM. Reason: delete!
sweetmakiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:55 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Need a little advice please!!!

Ethan had his first and only cold at about 8 months. All he did was cough a bit and sneeze once in a while, but the runny nose was a huge pain -I know it drove him crazy. I was told to just let it runa nd not always wipe it, b/c it could make the skin very irritated. When I wiped it, I put Aquaphor on his skin to keep it from chafing. I used Little Colds and that seemed to help a bit. The pharmacist recommended something called "Ocean babies" - its a saline to put up their nose to keep the skin moist. I used the bulb snot sucker like crazy. Other than that, there wasn't much I could do I hope your little one feels better soon!
Kelly, coffee addicted internet junkie married to my navy man Scott, and mama to Ethan 12.25.05 and Lucas 6.10.08
Adorn- nursing/babywearing necklaces, jewelry, beaded watches, and wine charms. Click me!
Kelolsen-and-Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:33 PM   #3
I wish I could turn the tide!
My Mood:
Re: Need a little advice please!!!

We used saline drops aswell as a humidifier in DS's room. He had his first big cold w/4 months together with a severe cough where we had to give him cough meds prescribed by our ped.
If you think she's in pain due to the teething aswell, I'd give her some tylenol, at least for the night so she could rest better.

I hope she'll get better soon!
~*Val*~ Veg*n SAHM to 2 kids (Feb'02 & July '05) married to my soulmate
If I don't respond, it's because we're 6 hrs ahead of EST and I might be sleeping already
FitMommyOf2 is offline   Reply With Quote