Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2008, 07:47 AM   #1
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Delayed/Selective Vax mamas...can you share with me your personal schedule?

I'm just tying up my loose ends before meeting pediatrician #3 tomorrow! LOL..

I think I may have nailed down a delayed scheduled that I like and can present to the doctor.

But I would love for any of you mamas to share your personal vax schedule and age you do them!

Thanks so much!! You all have been such a great help to me!!!
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:04 AM   #2
idigchaitea
Registered Users
seller

Re: Delayed/Selective Vax mamas...can you share with me your personal schedule?

I've decided to delay until ds is 2 years old. Here is what we're going to do, which is Dr. Donald Miller's user-friendly vaccine schedule:

These vaccines, given one at a time every 6 months:
1. Pertussis (acellular, not whole-cell)
2. Diphtheria
3. Tetanus
4. Polio (the salk vaccine cultured in human cells)
5. Mumps-given as an adolescent if he is not already immune

However, I am still debating whether or not we'll get the Polio vaccine. Also, I need to find out if it's even possible to get those vaccines separated.

So that's mine!
*28 year old mama to Josiah Liam, born 05.19.2007, Jonas Elliot, my dove in heaven, stillborn at 40 weeks 03.12.2009* www.jonaselliot.blogspot.com , and my rainbow baby Julien Reese 11.04.2010 *Married to Zac 06.11.2005*
idigchaitea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:11 AM   #3
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by idigchaitea View Post
I've decided to delay until ds is 2 years old. Here is what we're going to do, which is Dr. Donald Miller's user-friendly vaccine schedule:

These vaccines, given one at a time every 6 months:
1. Pertussis (acellular, not whole-cell)
2. Diphtheria
3. Tetanus
4. Polio (the salk vaccine cultured in human cells)
5. Mumps-given as an adolescent if he is not already immune

However, I am still debating whether or not we'll get the Polio vaccine. Also, I need to find out if it's even possible to get those vaccines separated.

So that's mine!
Thanks mama! So the DTaP CAN be seperated? Because I don't really want the Diptheria part, but tetnus and Pertussis YES!

I know we are skipping the Polio because of the fetal cells. Is the Polio one you're talking about different in ingredients?

Other than that I've pretty much got the same schedule as well. What I came up with after researching through Dr. Sears book.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:12 AM   #4
dpelephant
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is what we have done so far: (we ended up starting early at 2 months because we took an international flight with DD at 5 months - our ped recommended this and she is very pro delaying/ separating vaxes)

Declined: Hep B, rota, polio

2 months: dTp (could not separate)
3 months: prevnar, hib (done at least a week apart)

I have just followed the protocol of every 2 months for those, and had separate vax/nurse visits - one shot at a time.

That is all we will do for now unless our situation changes and daycare comes into the picture.

HTH!

I earn extra $ with Swagbucks and Ebates! Join me
dpelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:16 AM   #5
Terra
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpelephant View Post
This is what we have done so far: (we ended up starting early at 2 months because we took an international flight with DD at 5 months - our ped recommended this and she is very pro delaying/ separating vaxes)

Declined: Hep B, rota, polio

2 months: dTp (could not separate)
3 months: prevnar, hib (done at least a week apart)

I have just followed the protocol of every 2 months for those, and had separate vax/nurse visits - one shot at a time.

That is all we will do for now unless our situation changes and daycare comes into the picture.

HTH!
Thank you! Okay, good to know you can't separate the DTaP ... I didn't think so but wasn't sure.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:36 AM   #6
mdeveer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you looked at the book by Dr. Stephanie Cave What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccines? She has a good, delayed schedule, too, although I'm waiting 'til DS is 3 to start anything (she recommends 4 months), and we'll only be considering polio, DTaP and MMR (split up, of course!). Still not sure, though. I've just about decided to use homeopathic as needed and let the kiddos know when they're 18 what they've had leaving the decision up to them. DD started at 4 months and only had 3 Polio, 1 Hib, 3 DTaP, and 1 Hep B (which I still regret allowing others to talk me into!!), but DS hasn't had any...
Old 06-25-2008, 09:58 AM   #7
Terra
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeveer View Post
Have you looked at the book by Dr. Stephanie Cave What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccines? She has a good, delayed schedule, too, although I'm waiting 'til DS is 3 to start anything (she recommends 4 months), and we'll only be considering polio, DTaP and MMR (split up, of course!). Still not sure, though. I've just about decided to use homeopathic as needed and let the kiddos know when they're 18 what they've had leaving the decision up to them. DD started at 4 months and only had 3 Polio, 1 Hib, 3 DTaP, and 1 Hep B (which I still regret allowing others to talk me into!!), but DS hasn't had any...
I haven't!! I'll check out that book as well! Thank you so much
Old 06-25-2008, 12:29 PM   #8
byumommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We skip MMR & Varicella all together since there is no ethical alternative for us. There *is* a non fetal cell Polio vax (IPOL)

Look here for fetal cell & non fetal cell vaxes: www.cogforlife.org (click on vaccine sources in the left hand scroll box)

HTH!

Last edited by byumommy; 06-25-2008 at 12:33 PM.
byumommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #9
Terra
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by byumommy View Post
We skip MMR & Varicella all together since there is no ethical alternative for us. There *is* a non fetal cell Polio vax (IPOL)

Look here for fetal cell & non fetal cell vaxes: www.cogforlife.org (click on vaccine sources in the left hand scroll box)

HTH!
Thanks! I was wondering if they now made the Polio vax fetal cell free!

Although still not sure if I'll get that one since no cases have been reported since 1982 [I think it was 82, early 80s I know!]