Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2008, 05:59 AM   #1
SBUTTON
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question homemade babyfood

I would like to make my own babyfood. But was wondering if it's better to use canned, frozen or fresh veggies. Also is I use ice cub trays to freeze the food in what do I put into when done freezing? Ziplock freezer bags and do I put one cube worth in each.
Give me the tid bit please.

I am a SAHM, who and my 28 month old . I also have a 10 yr old of a daughter and a 9yr old son .
SBUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:40 AM   #2
missykay
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: homemade babyfood

You should use frozen or fresh fruits/veggies. Canned have a lot of preservatives in them and wouldn't be good for the baby. I put my baby food cubes into ziploc-type freezer bags when they are frozen. I just put however many I've made into the same bag. Make sure you write what kind of food it is and the date the it was made. You should go to http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com. They have heaps of information. Good luck!
Forever missing Yuen Tien (12-9-11)
The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Psalm 126:3
missykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #3
love2cuddlecj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: homemade babyfood

Quote:
Originally Posted by missykay View Post
You should use frozen or fresh fruits/veggies. Canned have a lot of preservatives in them and wouldn't be good for the baby. I put my baby food cubes into ziploc-type freezer bags when they are frozen. I just put however many I've made into the same bag. Make sure you write what kind of food it is and the date the it was made. You should go to http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com. They have heaps of information. Good luck!

Great Advice, I do the same. I really liked the So Easy baby food kit from Fresh Baby, www.freshbaby.com , it comes with a cookbook, How to dvd, 2 food grade trays with lids. Another great book for more interesting food combinations is First meals by Annabel Karmel, www.annabelkarmel.com