Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2006, 10:06 AM   #1
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:
Insurance VENT...

With my last pregnancy I had hyperemesis.. this pregnancy when I started getting signs of it I started taking Zofran right away so that I would not end up loosing 22 lbs in 3 weeks and in the hospital again.. not good! So.. been taking them and then today called to get a refill and the ins company wont cover them.. they will only cover 30 pills every 24 days even tho your supposed to take 3 per day. I have only been taking 2 per day..and was going to take them till I moved (id be 14 weeks) then ween off.. I really cant get sick now.. since i have been better the last week... So.. now either I have to take 1 pill per day and pay like 50 dollars for 1 pill or not take any at all.. I am soooo scared to get sick again.. I just started to bawl and cry.. I dont wanna get sick!! I was just starting to feel better!!
Old 10-06-2006, 10:18 AM   #2
orteggleston
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Insurance VENT...

Ahhhh Rachele I'm sorry to hear that! Insurance can be a real pain in the butt sometimes...make that most of the time! Don't they get it! It is cheaper/better/healthier for them to pay for the meds than deal with the cost and other issues involved in a hospital stay

Sounds like it is time for a price inflation on Fuzzi Fannies I'd pay more, especially for a good cause!!

ISO: Luxe Baby Wool
orteggleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:00 AM   #3
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

man that stinks.

I feel crappy, I can't imagine what you must feel like.
Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:09 AM   #4
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by orteggleston View Post
Ahhhh Rachele I'm sorry to hear that! Insurance can be a real pain in the butt sometimes...make that most of the time! Don't they get it! It is cheaper/better/healthier for them to pay for the meds than deal with the cost and other issues involved in a hospital stay

Sounds like it is time for a price inflation on Fuzzi Fannies I'd pay more, especially for a good cause!!
I'd be on the phone - for sure! She makes a great point. Them paying for your pills now will end up SAVING them money in the long run especially if you get sick. Doesnt make a lick of sense.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:46 PM   #5
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

awww thats totally not cool... you pay for the dang insurance so you dont have to pay out of pocket for stuff, geez!!

yeah...
maybe you can do an auction for a dipe or 2 to get some more cash? i dont know how much they are though, so that might not help much?? i dont know..
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:17 PM   #6
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just had to fight with our insurance co to pay for dds medication. They were paying for 5mg & the Dr wanted to increase it to 10mg & then increase it to 20mg if needed & he wrote the RX like that. The insurance said just give her 20mg! I had to explain WHY we dont want 20mg right away, etc & they finally agreed to pay for it or it would have been $250 out of pocket each month!
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:40 PM   #7
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

Awe Rachele that is awful!!! Our new insurance is pretty much worthless as well!! When I had my appt Monday they informed me I owe $285 dollars for my first ultrasound! The insurance said it wasn't neccessary....thats the one they did to see if I was miscarrying!!!

I am here.....call if you need to!!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:10 AM   #8
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Stupid insurance companies! They never do what's in the best interest of their clients!!!
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:12 AM   #9
heidisue
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know nothing about Zofran, but if it comes in different doses then you could have the doc up your prescription dose then split them in half before you take them. A lot of prescriptions have different dose levels and that way your insurance company would still pay for a "months" supply, but it would actually be twice as much.
heidisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:30 AM   #10
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidisue View Post
I know nothing about Zofran, but if it comes in different doses then you could have the doc up your prescription dose then split them in half before you take them. A lot of prescriptions have different dose levels and that way your insurance company would still pay for a "months" supply, but it would actually be twice as much.

That is a great idea!!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote